Were looking for a supervising producer to join NowThis, within Group Nine Media. As the manager of the Politics team, youll lead a team of producers as they create compelling & informative videos about the most pressing political issues of the day. This role is based in our New York office. In addition to managing a team of up to ten producers, you will be a key player in recruiting & hiring for the team as needed.
The supervising producer will lead by example in demonstrating Group Nines values - Care Deeply, Be Brave, Go First, Do Good, Stay Close & Win Together.
WHAT YOULL DO:
Lead the editorial team by selecting the biggest political stories of the day & assign to producers accordingly.
- Oversee all aspects of production from the scripting phase through the edit, ensuring that each is factually accurate, journalistically fair, consistent with NowThis S&P, & demonstrates strong storytelling & stylistic polish.
- Act as air-traffic controller to ensure that videos are completed by deadline & work with the publishing team to make schedule adjustments on the fly.
- Continually monitor news to identify breaking & trending stories & shift coverage plans when needed to allow NowThis to be among the first to market with a big story whenever possible.
- Cultivate & maintain relationships with activists, lawmakers, pundits, academics, partners, & advocacy groups.
- Plan special coverage for major events, including elections, debates, significant congressional hearings, conventions, etc.
- Represent NowThis Politics in public forums when needed.
- Meet regularly in 1-on-1 meetings with each of the producers, performing detailed annual & semi-annual reviews of each, & managing the expense reports & vacation schedules of each.
- Oversee high-profile shoots with VIPs.
SUCCESS WILL LOOK LIKE:
- Creating videos that help our audience better understand & become engaged with political issues in a way that can result in positive change.
- Expanding the reach, influence, & profitability of NowThis Politics, elevating its standing as a must-go-to platform for candidates, lawmakers, & activists seeking to reach young viewers.
- Making the team of producers feel supported, respected & valued.
- Must have strong knowledge of political issues & newsmakers.
- Must have a strong understanding of storytelling & an ability to guide producers to help them tell the most effective stories possible.
- Must be scrupulously attentive to factual detail.
- Must be a strong multitasker.
- Must have experience managing a team, inclusive of delegating responsibilities, managing performance, supporting growth & development, & providing meaningful feedback.