Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
As Group Product Manager leading Mailchimps Growth Product Domain, you will be responsible for setting the Growth strategy & helping the team execute on it in partnership with other Growth Domain discipline leaders. This includes setting direction, removing obstacles & barriers, assessing business impact, as well as developing & coaching a team of Product Managers who are mapped to specific parts of the customer journey. You will provide thought leadership on Growth & strategic direction that drives towards our company goals & strategy & does so in collaboration with product management, engineering, design, research, analytics & marketing.
This role is empowered to have significant impact over how our users experience the core value of our product & how we monetize that value to drive paid user & revenue growth.
This full-time opportunity is based in either Atlanta, GA or Brooklyn, NY.
What you'll do here:
- Define Mailchimps Growth strategy for Activation, Conversion & Retention, driving cross-functional alignment & progress in partnership with other Domain leadership
- Develop Domain level roadmap, championing vision & strategy with executive leadership & key stakeholders in Marketing, Design & Engineering
- Grow & support a talented team of Growth Product Managers to create high-impact, high-quality experiences that help users experience the value of Mailchimp & drive paid user growth
- Lead the cross-functional Growth Domain in high-level prioritization, negotiating tradeoffs, & collaboration across other product domains
- Champion the needs of Mailchimp users by understanding their jobs-to-be-done, challenges & behavior by leveraging data & research & helping the team translate these insights into their experimentation efforts
- Evangelize & share the work & learnings of the Growth team to help encourage a culture of Experimentation throughout the organization
- Serve as a point of escalation for the team, helping to remove barriers & roadblocks & navigate difficult or complex decisions
- Partner with Growth Analytics leadership to regularly monitor & review KPI performance at the Domain & squad level to identify opportunities to maximize performance or course correct
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Bachelors Degree or relevant work experience
- 7+ years of experience in software development/Growth/Growth Marketing/Experimentation or related fields
- Proven track record leading, managing, coaching & developing a team
- Experience working in SCRUM/Agile/Lean/Growth frameworks
- Deep understanding of customer needs, & strong motivation to tackle their problems
- Proven ability to define long-term business strategy, & drive impact on short-term goals by using an experimental or growth approach to validate business strategy
- Strong skills around cross-functional collaboration, influence, & communication; ability to achieve clarity & drive focus in complex & dynamic contexts
- Effective communication skills (both verbally & written) with multiple groups, including C-level executives
- Leads by example; excellent interpersonal skills with a focus on relationship development & mentorship
- Demonstrated technical proficiency & effectiveness working closely with engineers
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We love Brooklyn & are happy to have a small but growing office with sunlight & views in the heart of Brooklyn Heights. We're centrally located at Cadman Plaza/Borough Hall, a short walk to the Brooklyn Promenade & within a few blocks of 9 subway lines (2, 3, 4, 5, N, A, C, F & R lines).
Our headquarters are in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), & generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.