Were looking for an engineering intern to join our creative & marketing team. This team is responsible for all of Vimeos creative marketing output everything from the website, email campaigns, display ads, & more. You will be mentored by & work under the guidance of a Vimeo front-end developer in New York. The timeframe for the internship is 3 days per week for 12 weeks.
What youll do:
- Build & improve upon our already first-in-class tools for video creators that combine high-quality user experience with performance & scalability
- Work closely with the front-end developer to move projects from conception to launch, then iterate, build, & test new features
- Build custom blocks for our WordPress sites & improve existing features & themes
- Grow technically & professionally in a collaborative & inclusive environment with opportunities to learn & share with others
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- Proficient in programming fundamentals - including performance & design patterns
- An eye for product design & interactivity
- Experience working on a user-facing project
- Ability to work on tasks of various sizes while keeping larger objectives in mind
- Are able to communicate & collaborate respectfully & effectively with both technical & non-technical teams
- Pay great attention to detail & customer focus on every project no matter the size
Bonus points (nice skills to have, but not needed):
- Experience with the React framework
- Experience working with Restful APIs
- Experience with WordPress & or other page building tools
Vimeo is the worlds leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, & organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate & communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users from creatives to entrepreneurs to the worlds largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse & global community. Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity & inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, & strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs