Appian is seeking an experienced & innovative professional to join the Product Strategy team in the role of Software Engineer, Product Strategy. This role is critical to establishing & expanding Appians capabilities with new, innovative, & complementary technology solutions, with direct impact in product vision & roadmap.
The ideal candidate would have an undergraduate degree in computer science or other related field & direct experience in the full app lifecycle development in Appian, as well as an interest in working with emerging technologies like AI, IoT, & others. Responsibilities would include identifying strategic technologies, rapid development of proof of concepts & prototypes, promoting new technologies with our sales & engineering teams, & identifying the value of incorporating new technologies into our product. Development experience in Java is a plus.
Working at Appian:
- Passion for researching & developing on the latest technologies
- A commitment to customer success & understanding customer use cases
- Working with a dynamic & fast moving team
- Open & collaborative with a focus on mutual sharing of knowledge
- You are a fast thinker & fast developer in Appians Low-Code platform
- You have worked with Java, JS, & Cloud Platforms
- Tech excites you
- While you have high ethics, you still consider yourself a hacker
- Possibilities of the Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence excite you
- You are driven by an unending curiosity to explore the potential of new technologies
- You have experience creating apps in low code platforms
- Over the previous 3+ years, you have been directly involved in app development (additional experience in Case Management, Java, & technical consulting a plus)
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.