Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is growing rapidly & Messaging its biggest product. To keep pace with the growing data & new ways to work with it we need strong Engineers that can create innovative solutions.
Twilio is looking for a Senior Engineer who has an excellent track record of creating & operating highly scalable, stable & secure RESTful services. Following are some of the basic necessities of a candidate to be successful in this position:
- 8+ years of Engineering experience, developing & maintaining high traffic services.
- Strong fundamental knowledge of software development & best practices, for RESTful service implementation.
- Technical leader & a mentor to junior members of the team.
- Expert level coding skills with Java/Scala.
- Proven track record in scaling & optimizing schemas, performance tuning SQL & ETL pipelines in OLAP & Data Warehouse environments.
- Built solutions with RDBMS backend.
- Experience with distributed systems & handson with at least a few of the Bigdata technologies such as HBase, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Cassandra, DynamoDB etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
A great day would look like designing & developing elegant & highly scalable solutions to problems of managing multi terabytes of data, fronted with a highly available & responsive Rest API guaranteeing 99.999% SLA.
- DRAW THE OWL: You will work within a team to provide solutions to manage ever growing data. Implement the solutions using your deep Java/Scala understanding & experience.
- BE BOLD: Put into practice, fundamentals of distributed systems, to design new systems & keep the existing systems based on Kafka/S3/MySQL humming.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Lead & mentor your junior teammates.
- DONT SETTLE: Drive quality by writing unit tests, functional tests, & performance tests in a continuous delivery environment.
- Be AN OWNER: Support production operations, building, releasing & assisting with team on-call. Teams will be small & empowered so that you can move fast & ship to production multiple times in a 2 week sprint
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands & more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status & operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.