Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging & interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate about marketing products that millions of developers will love.
We are looking for a motivated, creative, & results-oriented self-starter to join our Product Marketing team. This is a strategic team within DigitalOcean that owns the messaging & positioning for the entire company, drives the Go-To-Market strategy for all products & also works on accelerating the product usage & revenue.
As a Senior Product Marketing Manager, you will have the opportunity to define how we communicate the value of our Infrastructure as a Service product portfolio (Droplets, storage & networking products) to hundreds of thousands of customers worldwide. Droplets is a very strategic product for DigitalOcean. It has revolutionized cloud computing, & made it a lot simpler for developers to build & scale their applications.
You will own the positioning & messaging, develop compelling content to help users understand the value, & drive marketing programs to spread the message globally. This role has a lot of visibility & requires close collaboration with numerous cross functional teams like product management, sales, revenue marketing, brand, developer relations, marketing programs.
What youll be doing:
- Lead a worldwide GTM (go to market) strategy for Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) product portfolio, the biggest business at DigitalOcean.
- Develop messaging & positioning thats simple, differentiated & easily conveys the value of our core compute (Droplets), network & storage products to customers
- Create compelling content for various mediums like product pages, blogs, emails, social media, press releases, white papers, ebooks
- Utilize innovative tactics to increase the adoption of products in the user base post launch
- Serve as the champion for products within the marketing organization
- Lead sales enablement with activities like product training, competitive analysis, battle cards etc.
What Well Expect From You:
- Experience working as a product marketing manager or product manager for technical products
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field, such as computer science, engineering or mathematics. MBA is a plus.
- Experience in cloud computing, Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), developer tools or services & experience with marketing to developers.
- Proven experience with launching & growing strategic products
- Extraordinary communication skills with track record of navigating complex unstructured cross-functional environments
- Transition seamlessly between strategic level planning & detail-oriented execution
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC & Cambridge, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Department: Marketing #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!