Flexports network consists of a wide array of partners conducting consolidation & deconsolidation activities for Air & LCL cargo. The Trucking Consolidations arm makes decisions on how to effectively route & consolidate cargo for the lowest cost, while maintaining a high level of quality for all clients involved.
We are looking for someone to develop Flexports trucking consolidations network & service offerings within North America. In this role, we need a leader who can develop & execute a growth strategy to expand this network, ensure operational excellence of designed solutions, & achieve long-term commercial success with this program.
- Linehaul Network: Flexport runs a complex model of insourced & outsourced linehauls across 15+ major US markets. This role will continue to build & configure the linehaul consolidations network to support effective execution of Air & LCL imports/exports.
- First Mile/Final Mile Consolidations: This role will continue the expansion of Flexport first mile & final mile capabilities around our max-controlled warehouses & partner-managed CFS locations.
- Solutions Design: Continuously identify & execute on logistics & supply chain solutions focused on user experience & customer outcomes, & adapt to customer needs by introducing new service offerings.
- Network Modeling/Pricing Exercises: Conduct complex network studies based on volume forecasts, strategic priorities & market trends to develop recommendations on new & expanded services. Develop standardized financial models for opening new consolidation lanes, including costing model for calculating break even points & investment required to start new lanes.
- Enablement: Evangelize your work by engaging with stakeholders across all levels of the organization & outside the organization. Foster strong relationships across Sales/Demand teams, Operations, Procurement, & Makers to keep everything running smoothly.
- Implementation: Coordinate with the Operations & Makers teams to ensure new service offerings are feasible & executable. When it comes to implementing your vision, youll need to sweat the small stuff.
- Performance Management: Create a data-driven approach to building the network by designing meaningful KPIs. Metrics should focus on quality of execution, coverage of the network, & fit into the overall OKRs of the company.
- Financial Management: Create solutions that drive down total cost of maintaining the trucking consolidations network. Keep track of financial performance on a regular basis to ensure positive impact of new solutions.
You should have:
- BA/BS Degree in Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Finance, BBA or similar relevant area of study;
- 5 years of prior experience in Logistics, Warehousing, Freight Forwarding, Supply Chain or Consulting;
- Strategic thinking & ground floor execution - no job is too big or too small;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, & organizational skills;
- Experience building complex data models & Macros in Excel is required (SQL knowledge strongly preferred, added experience in Python a plus)
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed;
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic & reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
- Experience in market research, building reporting tools & dashboards & working on process improvement & standardization
- Exceptional technical aptitude - you understand the value of technology
- Experience working in the Logistics industry or developing strategy for transportation preferred
We believe trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers & their logistics partners with the technology & services to grow & innovate. Today, companies of all sizesfrom emerging brands to Fortune 500suse Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.