Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer or business, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about creating experiences that empower millions of developers, sysadmins, & other internet professionals.
The Digital Experience (DX) teams goal is to deliver delightful digital customer experiences as the primary steward of DOs brand across our digital properties. As a Designer, reporting to the DX Design Manager, your role will be to create assets, illustrations, & other designs that help grow & support the DO brand while enabling our potential customers to engage with our products & services.
As a member of our team, you will work closely in a fast paced environment with a team of developers, designers, program managers & other stakeholders to create branded solutions across various DigitalOcean digital properties. You will help lead the charge in defining & implementing what our brand looks & feels like, working with other designers, developers, & stakeholders to create thoughtful solutions to the problems presented to you. You will always be ready to talk to users, ask questions when you need to, & explain how you came to a solution when called on.
This role will help us shape the DigitalOcean brand for the future, bringing life to our team's goals in 2021 & beyond. If youre excited about tackling new challenges with a growing world class brand, we want to hear from you.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Execute visual designs from concept to final hand-off
- Support production design initiatives like display banners to support social & paid media channels
- Collaborate with other designers, content strategists, & developers on projects through exercises like exercising copy alterations & nurturing the design handoff
- Develop & fostering consistency with our brand guidelines
- Craft new components & polishing those that already exist within our internal design system
- Optimize Brand & customer engagement
- Create display banners to support social & paid media channels
- Work on new design initiatives across various departments to fulfill business & product needs
- Presenting & defending designs & key deliverables to stakeholders
- Care about the details & creating pixel-perfect work
- Exercise creativity & outbound thinking in a fast-paced environment
- Effectively manage project deliverables & deadlines with tools like Jira.
What Well Expect From You:
- A portfolio (website or PDF) that clearly demonstrates your design capabilities on multiple projects and the impact you made (if working as a team-member)
- Ability to run existing design initiatives with guidance from team leaders.
- Effortless ability to produce a family of creative options from illustrated or verbal concepts.
- Consistently meeting or beating deadlines while considering how we can streamline future workflows.
- Ability to comprehensively articulate creative directions & design decisions with input from Senior Designers & Design Leads.
- Demonstrate creative thinking & problem solving by bringing well thought out ideas to the table in an organized manner along with a plan for implementation.
- Ability to receive & take action from feedback, choose what's actionable & what's not, and collaborate with other team members to find the best solution.
- Incorporate existing brand styles & components to deliver refined visual concepts.
- Exhibit a team-forward mindset. Love what you do & practice what you preach. Detail orientation, punctuality, & empathy are of the utmost importance. Experience using design tooling such as Figma, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, or similar design tools.
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*This position may be done in NYC or Remote (but not in CO due to local CO job posting requirements)
Department: Marketing #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!