Fascinated by the future & captivated by technology?
Smart, driven & want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable & secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses & economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand & our global team - we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects & encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa in Italy as a Corporate Communications Senior Manager, we want to hear from you - together, let's make Visa a great place to work.
The Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, Italy is responsible for creating engaging corporate communications programmes, partnering with business units & colleagues in Italy & across Europe. They should be curious & enjoy taking on new projects & collaborating with the rest of the team in Visa's Southern Europe sub-regional cluster (which includes Spain, Portugal & Italy). They will also work closely as part of the wider European & global corporate communications team. A strong storyteller, they find appealing ways to get our message across to both internal & external audiences.
- Develop strong relationships with senior leaders in the Italian market & Southern Europe sub-regional cluster as well as Corporate Communications colleagues across Europe
- Develop, plan & project manage corporate communications programmes aligned to business objectives that enhance & protect Visa's reputation in Italy
- Manage the planning & activation of programmes in Italy in partnership with a retained PR agency including announcements, events, campaigns, messaging & content development & delivery across multiple channels & audiences
- Create engaging written & visual content including press releases, statements, blogs, briefing documents, video, infographics & social media content
- Partner with the Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, Spain & Portugal to have a consistent & aligned approach across Southern Europe.
- Partner with colleagues in the London-based hub Europe Corporate Communications team, & counterparts in other European markets to influence global & European plans & tailor activity for Italy
- Create executive visibility programmes for senior executives in Italy, & visiting executives from global & Europe, through identifying, evaluating & recommending media & speaking opportunities. Develop & adapt briefing materials for spokespeople. Develop social media profiling strategies for Italy executives
- Proactively & reactively engage & develop relationships with top tier journalists in Italy to promote & defend Visa's reputation
- Respond to incoming media enquiries, escalating issues as required & drafting press releases & statements
- Manage project budgets, ensuring alignment with procurement & contract processes
- Ensure that communications activity is measurable including reporting to demonstrate the effectiveness of campaigns using media & digital analysis & evaluation
- As a member of the Europe Corporate Communications team, help Visa respond to a major crisis by undertaking an appropriate communications role & responsibility, ensuring ability to respond out of hours in the most severe crisis scenarios
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Passion for creating engaging corporate communications campaigns that meet business objectives
- Proven experience of developing & implementing communications programmes, reputation management & interacting with media
- Experience of working in a matrixed, multi-national corporate environment
- Strong written & verbal communications skills in Italian & English, with other European languages an advantage (especially Spanish)
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills & proven ability to liaise with senior internal stakeholders
- Ability & flexibility to manage multiple projects under pressure
- Effective management of agencies
- Experience of media evaluation & analysis
- Experience of using digital channels & social media strategies for PR purposes
- Strong planning & project management skills
- Budget management
- Experience of managing crises & issues
- Educated to degree level or equivalent PR qualification
- Extensivecommunications experience
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge & inspire you - we'd love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.