Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
We are seeking a motivated PR Manager to join the PR & Brand Communications team. This person will be based at our HQ in New York & will partner closely with our Director, PR & Brand Communications & VP of Brand Marketing on company initiatives. The ideal candidate is a proactive contributor & an exceptional writer with 5+ years experience in PR and/or Communications. Most of all, you have a true passion for brand storytelling.
Casper (casper.com) was created to re-imagine sleep from the ground up, beginning with its obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress. All of Caspers sleep products including its pillow, bedding, & furniture are developed in-house by the companys award-winning R&D team. Casper was named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in the World & its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When youre not catching zzzs, this is what youll do
- Play an integral role on the PR & Brand Communications team, working cross-functionally to bring company initiatives to life
- Draft and/or edit press materials including press pitches, press releases, interview backgrounders, fact sheets, bios, etc.
- Manage execution of PR announcements with Director of PR & Brand Communications & external agency
- Manage PR agency, providing guidance as needed
- Manage day-to-day press inquiries & product requests
- Pitch press stories where needed with ability to provide critical eye to agency pitches & writing
- Manage all speaking engagements from securing to executive prep & calendar management
- Manage all company & product award applications
- Manage cross-functional PR amplification with Marketing team
- Act as marketing & communications lead for CSR initiatives
- Assist in the execution of press, consumer, & experiential events
- Identify & manage emerging PR opportunities, including areas such as executive thought leadership, product placement, influencers
- Manage sensitive customer communication at the CX/social/retail levels; collaborate with employee/internal communications
- Oversee continued development of comprehensive PR library & database of resources (press page, fact sheets, etc.)
- Leverage resources to measure & track communications results
- Assist in creating recaps & reports on behalf of the team
- Oversee product orders & budget on behalf of the team
Our dream candidate is/has...
- 5+ years of relevant PR/Communications experience, mix of agency & in-house experience preferred (experience managing agencies a plus)
- Excellent writing skills, ability to write & edit communications materials for a wide range of audiences
- Proactive approach to work, you like to solve problems & dont wait for someone to give you the answer
- Extremely organized & detail oriented! Can manage multiple things at once & are structured about your work
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Public company experience preferred
- Experience in a build, high growth/high change environment; fast paced; shifting priorities; hands-on keyboard
- Customer focused & customer service mindset
- Experience managing CSR programs & business press
- Professional, warm, thoughtful, engaging
- Strong content design/organization, project management & planning - decks, scripts, outlines & the like
- Demonstrated skill at tailoring content for unique audiences
- A collaborative nature, aptitude for bringing people together, a strong work ethic
- High energy, positive & optimistic; by nature, a why dont we. person
- Strong eye for detail & quality control
- Great listener
The syrup on your waffles
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging & equity so that youre part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, & dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...)..
- Wellness programs like cash incentives for tracking sleep & fitness, credits for your favorite studios & in-office activities
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- A full gifted bed set when you join & product discounts for friends & family!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you