GET TO KNOW US
We simplify wellness so you can find everything in one place. Gympass is a corporate wellness platform that connects you to thousands of fitness & wellness partners, all with one simple monthly membership. Founded in 2012 & headquartered in NYC, we have a growing global team in 11 offices around the world. At Gympass, you not only have the opportunity to build a career in a fast-paced global environment - but you'll make wellbeing universal, so everyone can be happy & healthy.
WHAT MAKES A GYMPASSER?
We are passionate about our mission! Whatever your job title is, here you can make a global impact & change peoples lives. At Gympass, we collaborate, set high achievable goal expectations, & focus on the end result. It's a challenging, evolving environment that allows you to learn & grow. You will face a disruptive & emerging business model that will push you in several areas, with no boundaries for creation & collaboration.
Were looking for a talented Director, SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting to join our Finance team. You will manage the preparation & filing of our financial reports with the SEC, maintain our global accounting policies & analyze emerging U.S. GAAP & SEC accounting & reporting requirements.
- Manage the preparation & filing of Forms 10-Q, 10-K & 8-K (earnings releases) with the SEC.
- Ensure accuracy, completeness, & integrity of the company's financial statements in accordance with the U.S. GAAP & SEC reporting standards, including preparing financial statements, drafting disclosures & MD&A for both annual & quarterly financial statements.
- Prepare & manage the quarterly & annual SEC reporting with appropriate calendar, including coordination with external auditors, executives, finance, legal & investor relations departments, for the non-financial sections of SEC Forms 10-Q, 10-K & 8-K, review XBRL tagging of financial statements & footnotes.
- Establish & maintain appropriate internal controls surrounding the preparation & filing of SEC documents.
- Stay current on all U.S. GAAP & SEC requirements & proactively analyze emerging accounting & reporting trends & their implications to Gympass.
- Lead the disclosure committee, including presenting the financial statement impact of financial reporting developments, technical accounting matters & driving interdepartmental collaboration.
- Coordinate with both internal & external auditors.
- Partner with other teams / departments on special projects & ad-hoc requests.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have a Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA is preferred
- 8+ years experience in SEC reporting & public company experience required, with a combination of Big 4 public accounting & public company industry experience preferred.
- Strong U.S. GAAP, SEC regulatory acumen, technical accounting knowledge, & understanding of financial reporting requirements.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills;
- Flexible, with a desire to work in a fast growing, exciting & agile business.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
We're a wellness company that is committed to the health & well-being of our employees. Our benefits include:
WELLNESS: health, dental, & life insurance
GYMPASS DISCOUNT: We believe in our mission & encourage our employees & their families to find their passion too.
PAID TIME OFF: We know how important it is that our employees take time away from work to recharge. Competitive PTO starting on Day 1 & floating holiday in addition to 9 company-observed holidays
PAID PARENTAL LEAVE: Welcoming a new child is one of the most special moments in your life & we want our employees to take the time to be present & enjoy their growing family. 100% paid parental leave of 12 weeks to all new parents, of both biological & adopted children, regardless of gender & parent's relationship with the co-parent
CAREER GROWTH: Outstanding opportunities for personal & career growth. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development.
CULTURE: An exciting & supportive atmosphere with ambitious people from around the world!
And to get a glimpse of Life at Gympass...follow us on Instagram @gympasscareers, Facebook Life at Gympass and LinkedIn!
Belonging @ Gympass
Gympass is committed to creating a diverse work environment & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Questions on how we treat your personal data? See our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.