Magnet Media is a creative studio, & we believe using storytelling + data is the best way to drive business results. Our team is made up of world-class strategists & creative storytellers who use our THINK / MAKE / REACH process to develop holistic solutions for marketers.
In short, Magnet helps brands share their story, engage their target audience, & ultimately drive actions that deliver on business goals. Our strategic & creative capabilities have kept us at the forefront of digital media for 20 years, working side by side with many of the largest companies in
the world, helping them derive business value from content solutions. Magnet Media's current clients include Google, JP Morgan Chase, UBS, YouTube, IBM, Nickelodeon, Mattel, Goldman Sachs, Citigroup, Adobe, Airbnb & dozens of other world-class brands.
Summary of Role
The Senior Vice President of Sales will be responsible for developing, delivering & achieving the revenue targets for the company. This role will have deep roots in serving & selling to senior brand marketers, & report directly to the CEO.
As the organization's senior-most sales leader, & a member of the Executive Team, the SVP of Sales is coach / player. They will be accountable for attainment of overall sales organization performance, the profitable fulfillment of sales goals, & for aligning sales objectives with Magnet Medias business strategy. The strategy includes Key Account expansion, & breaking new business in the verticals that Magnet is most focused: enterprise technology brand (24%), financial services/fintech (67%) & (to a lesser extent) media/entertainment, health/wellness & VC-backed startups (9%).
This is a senior leadership position which will involve managing a team of 5: our existing team of 2 senior sales leaders, recruiting 2 new sales managers, & recruiting a VP of marketing (who will oversee a 4-person marketing team). The role includes coaching them on the consultative selling approach, improving focus & strengthening performance, overseeing pipeline growth & management, nurturing & growing relationships with our existing clients, & initiating new relationships with CMOs & brand leaders in our target markets. It will also involve collaborating closely with our marketing team to align their efforts on awareness, prospect nurturing, & qualified lead generation ensuring quarterly targets are achieved, & the pipeline is built in a robust, streamlined & focused way. And, the SVP of Sales will collaborate with our CEO on our new strategic partnerships, working with her to leverage those partners to expand our visibility, increase our pipeline, & increase the average engagement size & duration of our client agreements.
Ultimately, this leader will be responsible for revenue generation for the company but will also have a commitment to ongoing strategic thought leadership. Our ideal candidate enjoys building strong relationships with our clients & marketer community.
Who will love this job:
- A strategic collaborator you work well with colleague in multiple areas of the business, clients, & pod members.
- A problem solver - your clients will come to us with problems & youll have to develop solutions for them, as well as navigate issues that arise in b2b sales processes.
- A go-getter - you will have the support to achieve your goals, someone who is willing to put in the time & effort to make things happen & achieve their goals, will be successful & rewarded in this role.
- An accelerator you remain focused on outcomes & metrics in a fast-paced, metrics driven role.
- A student of the business you are up to the challenge of staying on top of rapidly changing trends in marketing, & developing a point of view on how our clients can gain a business advantage using storytelling & data.
What youll do:
- Demonstrate a respect for people, a love of team-building, a passion for the creativity & innovation in our business, & a curiosity in our clients & their business objectives.
- Develop strategic plans for key accounts & sub-categories
- Focus on uncovering new business opportunities & driving revenue
- Convert prospect conversations into sales, focusing on our suite of capabilities and
- Develop strong relationships with key accounts/clients in an effort to grow revenues
- Manage & improve the streamlining of our B2B sales processes
- Partner with Magnets internal marketing & client services teams to nurture leads in a timely manner, win new business, & kickoff successful engagements
What you should have:
- A passion for video, podcasting, social media & digital storytelling
- Deep curiosity & interest in our clients, their missions & business goals
- 4-5 years sales experience with digital products/services/creative (ideally B2B), showing consistent achievement & growth
- Excellent communication skills: written, oral, presentation & listening
- An excellent asker of questions & gatherer of intelligence
- Strong work ethic with a desire to achieve growth & win business
- Organized, reliable & disciplined
- Demonstrate excellence in collaboration & follow through
- An interest in the business of strategic marketing, branding & the role marketers play in business growth
Pay Range: $225-250K base + commission & bonuses.