At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for an experienced Fleet Specialist to join our Charlotte, NC Express Drive team. In this role, you will lead vehicle management & drive process improvements to increase utilization. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, & like tackling aggressive goals, we would love to meet you!
- Manage the day to day fleet operations of an Express Drive location
- Build a strong culture of delivering best in class fleet management standards
- Manage relationships with various partners including insurance agencies, collision centers, etc. Collaborate with internal/external fleet management partners
- Manage PO process with collision centers, insurance adjusters, & HQ to ensure collision centers are paid in a timely matter
- Continuously find ways to improve fleet operations by reviewing cost analyses of service & maintenance.
- Manage & continually reduce vehicle out of service time across market
- Own utilization by prioritizing getting vehicles rental ready for Lyft Drivers
- Flag vehicle issues, program challenges, & bugs to internal/external partners
- Lead regular team meetings & maintain appropriate documents to ensure team members are kept informed & trained on the latest business updates & processes
- Report on business & team performance metrics
- Assist the Driver Service team with escalations as necessary
- Lead ongoing fleet management training to ensure operational excellence
- Represent Lyft's brand, mission, & culture both inside & outside of the organization
- 2+ years of fleet management experience in a fast-paced environment
- You love operations: Motivation, engagement, & development come naturally
- You can identify problems & work to solve them quickly, continuously improving standards
- Excellent verbal & written communication
- Always a team player: You're positive, optimistic, & willing to help out wherever needed
- Self-directed & organized: You have a bias for action while maintaining attention to detail
- Embody servant leadership & operational excellence
- Available to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays
- Bonus points if youre an avid Lyft user & driver!
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.