THIS IS BLUE APRON
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, & for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of food enthusiasts are inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity & passion & are always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, & put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers lives, cooking & creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
Our Technology team is a collection of talented software engineers, system engineers, & product managers. Within Engineering, the Operations & Logistics team provides capabilities for our Fulfillment Centers, to accept subscription & third-party orders, pack & sort an increasing number of product variations, & transport perishable goods from tundras to deserts prior to reaching our customers' doors.
You will be working closely with consumer engineering, packaging, logistics, hardware engineers, & end users in the facilities, to craft software across a large set of distributed services. Join us to solve these interesting & complex supply chain problems.
WHAT'S ON THE MENU
- Solve problems for both end users & members of the Blue Apron engineering team.
- Collaborate with other engineers to understand & overcome unique scheduling & logistical challenges.
- Evaluate, design, & implement new features to provide more enjoyable experiences for our users.
- Listen to the needs of our internal teams & build tools that bring harmony to complex operational workflows.
- Some of your areas of focus will include
- Kafka messaging to & from order management systems
- API integration with carriers & tracking services for delivery tracking
- Create & upgrade software for guided assembly of meal kits
- Scheduling algorithms to reduce missing ingredients across recipe variations & pull times
- Integrate with geather & Geolocation APIs to package & transport perishable goods
- Shoe sorter, printer, & scanner integrations
- Overcoming capacity constraints, by improving operational efficiency, resiliency, & throughput of our applications
- Our stack: Ruby on Rails, Ember, React, PostgreSQL, RSpec.
- 2-5 years experience as a software engineer.
- Rails or Ember experience is a plus but not required.
- Willingness to take ownership for your tasks & see features through from start to finish.
- Thoughtful about performance, complexity, maintenance, & the broader effects of a change.
- Understanding of end-to-end testing techniques. Write tests to improve the quality & reliability of your code.
- Participate in code reviews & deliver constructive feedback to peers in a positive way. Welcomes feedback from others on how to improve, setting an example of open & honest communication.
- A thirst for learning & a passion for new technologies, processes & patterns.
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training.