Shutterstock is seeking an accounting professional to take on the role of Senior Accountant to help support the continued expansion of our global business. The successful candidate will be involved in the timely & accurate processing of the monthly close processes. This position requires a highly motivated individual who is comfortable with rapid changes in direction & environment.
- Own various monthly close processes
- Analyze expenses to ensure they are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations for various balance sheet accounts
- Assist with financial audits, SEC filings & SOX compliance
- Assist with monthly/quarterly financial reports & analyses to various departments & business units
- Meet with both internal & external auditors on an as needed basis to discuss processes & procedures
- Other ad-hoc projects, as necessary
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3-5 years accounting experience; CPA preferred
- Public Accounting experience is preferred, 404 experience is preferred
- WorkDay Financial experience a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to bring insights & suggestions for process improvement
- Highly detail oriented & organized
- Excels in learning quickly & taking ownership of own development
- Thrives in a fast paced environment & handles pressure well
- Ability to be pro-active & a problem solver
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills; this role will interact with management frequently
Shutterstock (NYSE:SSTK), directly & through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider ofhigh-quality licensed photographs,vectors,illustrations,videosandmusicto businesses, marketing agencies & media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week & has millions of images & video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world & customers in more than 150 countries. The company also ownsBigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Shutterstock Custom,a custom content creation platform, Offset, ahigh-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curatedroyalty-free musiclibrary; Rex Features, a premier source ofeditorial imagesfor the world's media.
For more information, please visitwww.shutterstock.comand follow Shutterstock onTwitter,FacebookandInstagram.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V