Industrial Color, a division of CoCreativ, is looking for an experienced Studio Manager, to oversee Studio Operations including Equipment, Digital & Support Staff comprised of Full Time & Freelance Team Members. The role reports to the VP, NY Studios & is responsible & accountable for the Studio operations team & the end to end process for studio prep & support staffing, equipment prep & maintenance (lighting/grip/camera/digital), through the final delivery & storage of digital assets. You possess the ability to manage a lean team while delivering on client needs for varying types of productions. You will have prior experience with studio operations, team management, equipment management, digital capture & vendor relations. Ideal candidate will have experience as a photographer, as there will be opportunity to shoot as well in role.
- Own Studio Maintenance & Daily Client Prep; Planning, Staffing & Execution; Including active set days & dark day projects
- Own & Maintain functionality of On Site Equipment Room & the relationship with sister brand, Smashbox; Accountable for planning into Studio Needs for EQ as client roster & service offering evolves
- Own end to end equipment estimating & planning for on site productions; evolve & oversee processes for equipment prep & maintenance.
- Evolve & Oversee Digital Capture processes; in partnership with IT & Lead Digital Tech
- Manage & oversee roster of freelance Production Assistants, Photo Assistants & Digital Technicians, & other relevant support staff as production needs evolve
- Manage all external vendor & sister brand equipment relationships & budgets, in partnership with production team
- Partner with production team as expert on best execution of budget for equipment
- Oversee the Digital team as they perform data tracking, asset management, daily production, & project schedules both on location & in studio
- Set goals for operational efficiency & with ongoing evolution of practices in line with company directives & oversee execution of the goals
- Drive workflow & process improvements to maximize efficiencies
- Partner with Operations Team on best practices for shared resources
- Bi-Monthly liase with satellite studio, to ensure practices in line with primary studio
- Identify existing process bottlenecks & quick, but thoughtful, deployment of scalable improvements
- Maintain a spotless equipment room & studio
- Photography as needed; Videography as needed if able