Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Invitae needs engineers with diverse backgrounds to help us achieve our mission. We are a cross-functional team of scientific domain experts and dedicated, curious engineers. We build systems that take massive amounts of genomic data, combine it with the world's scientific literature, add to it years of rigorously curated results, and package it all neatly for our scientists to consume. It's a lot of information. As the data gets bigger, our systems need to get better and faster. That's where you come in.
The role focuses specifically on the Patient Data Network, which includes Ciitizen, a health technology platform that enables patients with cancer and rare neurologic disorders to collect, digitize, and share their health information. This includes a wide array of consumer and enterprise products used by a variety of customers including patients, providers, biopharma, advocacy, and HIEs. Specific examples of these applications include the Patient Portal, Clinical Trial Matching, Healthcare Services Marketplace, Patient Cohort Manager, and Prism Reporting.
We are looking for a reliable and motivated Full Stack Development Engineer to join our Patient Data Network team who can join our Applications team in working closely with Operations and Product Management stakeholders and other Engineering leaders to improve efficiency of the development process. You will oversee and mentor a team of software engineers, improving the productivity of the team.
What you'll do:
- Be hands-on with production code and drive technical excellence
- Owns technical deliverables for a large-scale product / platform, across multiple teams
- Collaborates with technical and product teams to deliver long-lasting, modular, testable software and system design
- Identifies, prioritizes, and solves for ambiguous, open-ended problems
- Evaluates technological and design choices, and presents well-thought out approaches and technical trade-offs
- Translates business requirements across the company into a technical roadmap and architecture
- Lead technical design while mentoring more junior engineers during implementation
What you bring:
- 10+ years leading large-scale software development across multiple teams
- Track record of designing, implementing, and supporting full-stack, user-facing applications (SaaS a plus)
- Experience designing software targeting ease of administration and support
- Experience running large-scale, distributed, cloud-based applications (AWS preferred)
- Deep experience and understanding of a wide range of technologies, languages, frameworks, and paradigms
- Experience with back-end applications (e.g. NodeJS, Python, Java, Go, C#, or other)
- Experience with Docker / Kubernetes / Kafka
- Experience with microservice architecture, and/or event-driven architectures
- Bonus points for:
- Prior healthcare experience
- Track record of open-source software contributions
At Invitae, you'll work alongside some of the world's experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. Our teams thrive in our dynamic organization, which has been designed to empower them to make the biggest impact they can for our patients. We give our employees the ability to explore interests and capabilities broadly within the organization. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility. We also provide excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we're changing healthcare to change lives. Join us.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.