Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, & gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, & user experience.
We are growing quickly, & this is the time to get on board & play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
As a Senior Quality Automation Engineer within the Cloud organization you will have the opportunity to use cutting edge web technologies to develop test automation for Magic Leaps Platforms & APIs. The ideal candidate will have experience developing tests for responsive modern web interfaces consuming REST based web services, remarkable problem solving skills, attention to detail, & a passion for testing.
- Work closely with technical leaders & other software engineers in a collaborative environment to deliver next generation web components
- Create automated tests at different levels of the test pyramid (unit, integration, system)
- Design & implement mock services & components to enhance automation for cloud products
- Design, build, & maintain automation tools & frameworks
- Develop & execute performance tests using internal frameworks towards major releases
- Participate in code reviews & provide quality-driven feedback to engineers
- Build & improve CI/CD pipelines to ensure efficient testing & deployment
- Learn best practices from senior & technical leadership team members
- Embrace emerging web technology standards
- Collaborate with engineers to design & implement effective test strategies
- Coordinate various test-related activities for project delivery, such as identification of task dependencies, creation of test schedules, design of test data, & utilization of test environments
- Manage relationships & coordinate development between different teams at different locations
- Develop & monitor test metrics & provide timely communication to key stakeholders on a regular basis
- Work with Release Engineers, Product, & Program to determine release readiness
- At least 5 years experience building test automation
- Experience developing tests for RESTful web services
- Experience with Swagger or OpenAPI
- Experience with Test-Driven and/or Behavior-Driven Development (Cucumber)
- Experience working in Agile development teams
- Experience with one or more CI/CD automation tool (Jenkins, Bitbucket Pipelines, Concourse CI)
- Solid knowledge of Object Oriented Programming principles
- Experience testing production-quality web applications that consume RESTful services.
- Experience in all aspects of testing of components/services including Performance, Functional, Integration, & Unit testing
- Comfort working with remote teams in multiple time zones
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- AWS certification preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.