Bright Dental is a fresh start for our dogs' bad breath. Its the first toothpaste + dental chew combining the first triple enzyme toothpaste for dogs with a tasty scrubbing toothpaste to help keep your dogs mouth clean. Bright Dental is the first of many products in the dog wellness category, & the Sourcing Lead will be a key contributor in that expansion.
WHO WE'RE SNIFFIN' FOR:
- To support BARKs rapid growth & product expansion in the wellness space, we are seeking to hire a Sourcing Lead. The position will be based at HQ in NYC, reporting to the GM of Bright, & will take responsibility for a growing portfolio.
- The Sourcing Lead will be responsible for leading the execution of category sourcing strategies for ingredients, contract manufacturing, & primary & secondary packaging. The role will also focus on supporting new product launches from an ingredient sourcing standpoint.
- Execution of category strategies: Collaborate with Bright team to implement action plans for contract manufacturers, primary components, secondary components, fragrance/essential oils, actives, & carrier oils.
- Lead supplier selection process for contract manufacturing & supplier agreement negotiations
- Support supply chain & cash flow initiatives: Implement Vendor Management Inventory programs to improve cash flow, optimize supply chain lead time, & maximize economic value. Collaborate with key suppliers to improve/extend payment terms.
- New Product Launches: Engage with Marketing & Product Development/Innovation teams to support new development activities. Develop new suppliers & source new material with a focus on speed to market, quality, cost & supply stability.
- Gather & maintain continual knowledge regarding supply market dynamics, trade & industry dynamics
- Maintain & manage lead-time, quality & delivery negotiations
- Interfaces with suppliers sales, technical & other functional groups as well as internal cross functional teams to ensure product line success
- At least 10+ years in a well-respected supply chain organization with a track record of results managing direct material & packaging categories.
- 5 years in CPG or Direct Selling procurement role
- Strong understanding of lean manufacturing & general supply chain tools for optimization
- Experience with category management & multi-step strategic sourcing processes; able to lead & manage multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Strong project management skills, including stakeholder, timeline, & meeting management skills.
- Understanding of general procure to pay processes & systems, including use of ERP systems.
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal & presentation skills; comfortable & credible with both internal stakeholders & external audiences.
- Manages change through influence; capable of driving major commercial decisions across a diverse set of stakeholders.
- A flexible, dynamic, self-demanding & proactive individual; able to motivate him/herself & others; easily accepts constructive input from others.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, chemistry, engineering, supply chain, or a related field.