We started with just one home & an idea: to bring homeowners & renters together with smart technology & caring local teams. Today, were the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. Youll fit right in here if youre curious, entrepreneurial, & thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
What were looking for
The Cook will prepare quality food in an efficient & professional manner ensuring a timely delivery to achieve customer satisfaction. He/she will ensure adherence & compliance with company policies & procedures, as well as federal, state & local regulations & provide any necessary assistance to visitors or guests.
What youll do
- Prepare all food & set the assigned area for on-time opening, ensuring assigned area is fully equipped with product, equipment, tools, etc. necessary to properly execute incoming orders.
- Perform all cooking tasks in compliance with company standards & approved recipes to achieve excellent guest service & satisfaction.
- Properly fill orders placed by the front of the house Associates, doing so in a prompt, efficient, & courteous manner. Keep front of the house Associates informed of items running out in a timely manner to protect the guest experience.
- Ensure that the kitchen area & all its equipment are clean & in proper working condition. Maintain cleanliness & order in all coolers as well as freezers & ensure proper rotation of perishable products.
- Properly follow all health department requirements & make sure all products are stored & kept in a safe & sanitary fashion. Do not use products if you doubt its freshness.
- Address service staff concerns promptly & appropriately to ensure guests leave the restaurant satisfied.
- Follow all opening & closing procedures & checklists. Perform all necessary cleaning assignments.
Skills youll nee
- Organizational Skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Acquires job skills & learns company policies & procedures to complete routine tasks.
- Ability to read & comprehend routine instructions, short correspondence & memos.
- Ability to give high priority to customer service.
- Ability to solve problems with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to read, write & understand English.
- Basic office skills helpful including basic math, proper cash handling procedures.
- Must maintain a professional appearance & a positive attitude towards all guests & staff.
- Ability to multi-task & work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be people oriented & able to work independently or with others as needed.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Computer Skills & Knowledge
- Ability to use basic cashier equipment
- Basic knowledge of inventory & rotation of food & beverage
- 6 months to 1 year of recent cooking experience, preferably in a high volume operation