BrainStation is a global leader in digital skills training & development, offering a 12-week Diploma program in Data Science. BrainStation is currently seeking a Data Science professional to lead the delivery of our program through online & in-person teaching. BrainStation Educators are given the unique opportunity to teach, research, & work on real analysis problems, while simultaneously building the future of higher education.
- Lead our 12-week Data Science Diploma program
- Help build a world class technical team
- Deliver lectures & mentor the next wave of Data Science talent
- Co-create BrainStations full-time Data Science Program that will positively impact the lives & careers of hundreds of individuals across our campuses
- Actively work on writing & researching new content to teach the most up to date skills in data science to our students
- Apply BrainStations Agile Education methodologies to the program to continuously improve the educational experience for students
- Constantly improve your own skills, & apply these skills in collaboration with other BrainStation Educators in order to build the digital platform & tools needed to effectively deliver educational material
- Define the education experience of the future
Successful candidates will have
- 3+ years experience as a Data Scientist or Analytics professional & a Bachelors degree relevant to the subject matter OR 8+ years experience as a Data Scientist or Analytics professional
- Experience building & leading teams
- Strong command of querying & programming languages (SQL, Python, R), & visualization tools (Tableau, Python packages, etc.), as well as experience applying various methods of numerical & categorical modelling & machine learning principles
- Practical experience designing & conducting experiments using a variety of tools & methods, & can speak to their complexities in a simple & logical manner
- Experience in a teaching role, & be comfortable speaking to large groups & mentoring others on the job
- An empathetic, friendly, & approachable demeanour
- A proven ability to work under pressure & meet deadlines
BrainStation is a global leader in digital skills training & development, with courses, workshops, events, & corporate training offered online & in state-of-the-art campuses in New York, Toronto, & Vancouver. Founded in 2012, BrainStation has worked with over 250 instructors from the most innovative companies, developing cutting-edge, real-world digital training for more than 50,000 professionals & some of the largest corporations in the world. By 2025, BrainStation will have innovation hubs around the world, & will be empowering young minds, powerful politicians, fortune 500 CEOs, & the newest wave of disruptive innovators, on campuses & online.
*Have you been to a campus or joined an online learning opportunity? We are actively seeking individuals that believe in lifelong learning & that have taken part in our On Campus or Online offerings.
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest.
BrainStation is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status will receive consideration for employment. If you have any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process or employment with us, please notify us so we can provide suitable accommodation.