Company Description|Job Description
Introducing Crux, a platform service where access to data is simple. So businesses can get straight to the point.
Using marketrelevant traditional & alternative data to uncover insight isthe lifeblood of the financial industry. With the availability of new data sources exploding, our clients are looking for ways to reduce the burden of onboarding data so they can focus on what is going to provide them with trading & investment ideas.
At Crux, we believe it's time for a change: we're building managed cloud-based services to take on the data ingestion tasks performed by our financial institution customers. We are taking on the undifferentiated extract, validation & loading steps for our customers so they can access their vendor data seamlessly through Crux web services.
Our team is working to reshape how data is accessed by financial institutions everywhere. Come be a part of it.
Because the future depends on data. Let's make it delightful.
The Vice President of Data & Support Operations is the strategic leader responsible for world-wide production support for Cruxclients who are in Quant, Research, Portfolio Management & Data Technology functions at top tier financial firms. Our clients span acrosssell side banks, hedge funds & asset management firms. Getting seamless access to data is the lifeblood of our clients; this role is the operational nerve center of our client's data ingestion functions.
Data & Support Operations is entrusted by clients to monitor their production environment & resolve issues, whether they occur atdata vendors or within the Crux platform, promptly & without surprises.
This role reports to the Head of Operations & will lead Data Pipeline Operations & Platform Support ensuring client pipelines are delivering the frictionless data access they require. This position is also accountable for Crux employee End User Services ensuring the team is equipped with the tools needed to meet client needs.
This role is a build & execute opportunity. You will engineer & implement the team, resource & processes needed to deliver world-class levels of support our clients expect. And you will execute the daily operational support smoothly & effectively for existing clients.
The ideal candidate will be able to successfully manage multiple departments, work collaboratively across the organization, lead strategic operations thinking & deliver high quality, cost-effective day-to-day data & support operations for the company.
This role is instrumental in creating a high performing & motivated global organization that is focused on delivering a delightful customer service experience to our Crux customers & suppliers. It requires a wide range of skills & unique expertise critical in the delivery of reliable & timely data services which enable Crux clients' research, trading & investment decision-making.
As a leader in the company, you will need to develop a thorough understanding of our products & services, the needs of our customers,and insights on the value they derive from our products.
- Designand build the operating model for 24/7 global support to include organization, staffing levels, skill sets, processes, communicationsrequired to deliver on client SLAs; lead the resultant functions for data pipeline operations, platform support, & end user services.
- Hire & growtalent
- Implement processand procedures to ensure high availability of the platform & rapid response to any issues identified
- Develop & manage the end-to-end process with various Crux teams, such as Engineering, to resolve customer-related issues exceeding service-level metrics & providing the best possible customer experience
- Manage the day to day operations functions & expeditiously apply trouble-shooting/problem resolutions skills across data vendors & clients to minimize business productivity loss, customer impact & financial/reputational risk for both Crux & clients
- Manage data vendor driven changes, technical activities & operational relationships
- Manage customer side of vendor changes, coordinating downtime across customers & vendors
- Implement & continuously improve monitoring tools to ensure comprehensive data & infrastructure monitoring standards & effectiveness
- Ensure data pipelines are operating at optimal performance with sufficient capacity & resiliency for high availability
- ReportSLA related metrics for internal & external use;
- Maintain the systems & processes to ensure business continuity in the event of natural disaster, system failures & other events which could disrupt business
- You have the proven ability to work closely with the Executive teamto create & implement operations processes & policies to establish & grow a global business
- Skilled in collaboratingcross-functionally with Product, Platform Engineering, Data Engineering & Client Success teams to optimize quality of service to customers
- Comfortable presenting to an executive team or board level at clients & across Crux.
- You have demonstrated experience managing a global Market Data Operations or Support function at either a data vendor or financial firm
- You thrive in a fast paced, high growth startup environment.
- You & your team evolve with the needs of the business globally
- You attract & retain top talent & are highly collaborative
- You are naturally helpful & enjoy working with demanding clients, in a high-pressure support environment
- You love working on high-performing teams, collaborating with team members, & improving our ability to deliver delightful experiences to our clients
- 10+ yearsexperience in a support or operations role in afinancial services company
- 10+ years experience managing cross functional matrixed support teams of support or operations engineers
- Goodunderstanding of the financial & banking industry, & strong financially relevant data knowledge
- Technical engagement experience with financial data providers & comfort communicating & presenting to clients
- Understanding & hands-on experience with resolution of financial data vendor & infrastructure delivery problems
- Experience with incident reporting, on-call escalations,and root cause, corrective action communications to senior leadership teams. Familiarity with synthetic monitoringtools.
- Proponent & practitioner of ITSM processes including Incident, Problem, Change & Request
- Player/coach leadership style
- Experience building out an integrated tooling approach in the context of ITSM processes
- Experience working in a cloud-based environment, such as GCP or AWS or hybrid model
- Strong problem solving & troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communicationskills, interpersonal skills, & a sense of humor
At Crux, diversity is valued & and treatment of employees & applicants are based on merit, talent & qualification. We believe the key to success is bringing together unique perspectives & we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. For employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, consideration will be consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.