Knotel is seeking an experienced Data Analyst to power insights across the entire company. Data is at the core of what we do. It is how we get insights into the effectiveness of our physical & digital products. In this role, the Data Analyst will closely collaborate with our data engineering team & departmental stakeholders to develop robust analytical solutions. Initially, he/she will be responsible for developing within our existing BI tools. Long-term in this role, you will add value to the business by using data to tell a compelling story & making recommendations for the business.
What Youll Do
- Cross-functional collaboration from start to finish; from gathering stakeholder BI requirements to validation that deliverables meet user needs
- Review/validate data modeling layer meets stakeholder BI requirements
- Review/validate ETL pipeline design provides necessary data
- Develop new data models (DBT/LookML) where necessary under guidance of data engineering team
- Develop customized reports, visualization, & analysis
- Ensure metrics/definitions are documented & maintained
- Serve as an expert/resource who educates users how best to leverage Knotel data
Who You Are
Youre passionate about data powering businesses. You are naturally curious about everything (Marketing, Sales, Operations, Product, etc) & apply quantitative information to solve business challenges. You know how to design, build, & manage BI systems. Listening & collaboration are core competencies, & you excel in delivering solutions regardless of stakeholder analytical proficiency. In addition to maintaining a robust/resilient BI system, you ship new insights on time, accurate, & repeatable. You also have the following:
- 2+ years developer experience with Looker (LookML, Explores, Dashboards, & administration) and/or similar self-service BI tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Experience in a startup data environment; exposure to common tools is a plus (Google Analytics, Salesforce, Marketo, Zendesk, Mixpanel, etc.)
- Experience synthesizing information & communicating takeaways to diverse audience
- Knowledge of traditional relational databases (Postgres)
- Strong foundation in SQL/PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of data modeling concepts & familiarity or willingness to learn DBT
- Enthusiasm for operating in a version-controlled (GitHub or similar) analytic code environment
- Practice data visualization & dashboard design best practices
- You are naturally collaborative & a critical thinker
Knotel is the worlds leading flexible workspace provider that gets, fits, fills & manages space for customers. Knotel caters to established & growing companies, giving them the freedom to focus on their business, culture, & people. With over 4 million square feet across 200 locations in three continents, Knotel is transforming commercial real estate & moving companies forward.
Knotel was founded in 2016 by Amol Sarva & Edward Shenderovich to give businesses the flexibility & speed to scale on their own terms. All Knotel spaces are tailored to the needs of each individual company by an in-house team of architects, interior designers, & workplace strategists. For more information, please visit www.knotel.com.
Our Core Values
- Fly your Flag - Dont check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
- Dont Look Away - Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home & give the gift of belonging.
- Outcomes, Not Processes - Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal & back out the journey
- Get Uncomfortable - Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure & sign up for the hairy challenges.
- Where is it Engraved - Question orthodoxy.
- Share in the Victory Dance - No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others & offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual & collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, & religious backgrounds can do their best work. This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts & initiatives outlined here.