We believe Sales Engineers at Okta are involved in all stages of the customers development lifecycle & are experienced using presentations, email, phone & social media to connect with customers. We are looking for great teammates that can build sales presentations, product demonstrations, & educate customers (everyone from developers to product managers to C-level executives) on the best ways to cloud security technology. We believe in Oktas Sales Engineers empathize with customers & quickly discern their true technical needs by asking detailed & clarifying questions & presenting solutions that target those needs. You have the rare combination of technical savviness & business insight & youre looking for a career where you can utilize both. As a Sales Engineer at Okta, you will hone each of these skills by advising a diverse set of customers on what is possible using Oktas Identity Platform.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the Field Alliance teamacross Sweden & the Nordicsin helping partners understand what they can achieve with Okta & how.
- Understand customer requirements & communicate the business value of solving technology problems using cloud technology.
- Provides pre-sales technical expertise by assisting Account Executives & Partners in assessing potential application of company products to meet customer needs & preparing plans for the implementation of customer POCs.
- White Board Okta solutions.
- Execute the delivery of POCs in conjunction with partners for customers that have more complex use cases, collaborating with other Okta teams as needed.
- Craft technical content to show partners how to implement specific use cases or standard methodologies for new technologies.
- Prepare demos & proof of concepts to demonstrate various use cases for Oktas Platform.
- Distill & communicate customer & partners needs & product feedback to Product Management, Engineering, Marketing & Sales.
- Complete technical solution aspect of RFP/RFIs.
- Support marketing events & partner events.
- Provide training as needed to assigned channel partners in the EMEA region.
- Lead training workshops for partners.
- Maintain a broad-level of knowledge of industry trends & how Okta can deliver value.
- Travel to partners/prospects site as needed.
- Tracking of activities via SFDC.
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Fluent in Swedish & English.
- Experience in pre-sales consulting / sales engineering role.
- Experience in consulting or software development.
- Understands VARs, Sis, GSIs, VADs business models.
- Must be willing & able to act independently, including working at home & alone on client sites.
- Must be a self-starter, with both the ability to work independently or in a team.
- A strong technical background in Information Technology Security is desirable.
- A passion to serve the customer, which has played out in some customer-facing role like consulting or support, ideally sales engineering.
- An ability to quickly communicate complex ideas around a technical topic, ideally on the fly at a whiteboard.
- Understands SaaS business models & preferably has working experience on Saas platforms;
- Knowledge of at least some of the following technologies: IAM, CIAM, VPN, MDM, Active Directory, LDAP.
- Knowledge around the Okta platform & competitor product offerings would be an advantage.
- Experience with at least two modern standard federation protocol: OAuth, OAuth2, SAML, WS-FED, OpenID Connect;
- An understanding of core security concerns within a typical application (password hashing, SSL/TLS, encryption at rest, XSS, XSRF)
- An elite communicator on all levels needed.
- Evangelist at core: confident dispensing knowledge to a highly skilled & experienced audience.
- Typically 20-30% travel, with peaks of 40%.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS or a comparable field is preferred.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer