As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
CyberSource, a Visa company, is a global leader in eCommerce payment management. CyberSource was one of the world's first payment gateways, connecting online merchants to payment networks, including Visa. Today, CyberSource offers a full-service payment management platform for eCommerce merchants, combining global payment processing, fraud management & payment security systems.
CyberSource Global Services is looking for a bright, passionate & dedicated undergraduate student to join our Managed Risk Analytics & Modeling team for an Internship for the Summer of 2020. In this role, you will be responsible for analyzing proprietary data, researching industry trends & 3rd party data, & developing & presenting a final report to the team & Executive Management.
As a Cybersource Intern you will have the chance to:
- Participate in Executive Speaker Series' led by Senior Leadership
- Deliver an end of summer presentation to the Executive Team
- Attend fun social events with fellow interns
- Produce at least one research report providing insights on a key topic of interest (topic to be determined between incumbent & team). Topics can range from the prevelance & impact of cross border payment activity to changes in consumer spending behavior during peak shopping season, & anything in between. The project should be iterative & collaborative until completion.
- Depending on data accessibility & time limitations, either mine & self-acquire internal data or work with teammates to acquire data to research & investigate the topic of interest above & glean insights to present
- Research 3rd party data & outside sources as needed for the development of the final report
- Research & present various styles of data presentation & information dissemination as offered by industry leaders, niche & boutique providers, & even social media. Demonstrate the efficacy of each style. Ultimately present findings & recommend best ways for the Analytics Team to deliver its offline reports.
- Learn the key deliverables & processes of the Analytics Team & provide thoughts & empirically driven ideas for improving solutions delivery
- Reach out to internal stakeholders to identify knowledge gaps to be filled. Audit items that can be produced, repeatable, & scalable
- Assist with ad hoc questions & requests from internal clients, as needed
- Data diagnostics - help investigate, explain, & resolve data anomalies as needed
- Students pursuing a Bachelor's Degree with a graduation date in Dec 2020or later
- Strong communications skills, specifically, the absence of repeated grammatical or typographical errors, clear & concise written & spoken communications, & communications that demonstrate professional judgment.
- This role will require a true usage of left & right brain talent. We expect to see both a strong analytical mind & creativity in designing, researching styles of, & presenting findings in an industry-leading format.
- Experience in data manipulation, analytics, research, & presentation of findings
- Is familiar with report design, layout, creating and/or researching how world-class reports are created for visual response & easy digestion of information.
- Comfortable working with clients & colleagues of all levels
- Quick to understand a problem or situation with little explanation & able to complete projects/tasks end to end with little guidance
- Excellent project management experience
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Displays effective analytical & problem solving skills
- Excellent task management & organizational skills
- Team-oriented with strong interpersonal communication skills
- The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker, analytical, detail/results oriented with excellent problem-solving skills & strong work ethic. Highly motivated self-starter & an evangelist for doing things right with a passionate desire to understand & deliver high quality solutions that meet customer needs.
- Agile with Excel & other data manipulation tools. Familiar with standard presentation applications like PowerPoint & Word & willing to bring to the table other presentation, design, layout, publishing, & report design skills/experience
- Experience with Business Intelligence & RDBMS technologies, such as Tableau, OBIEE, Oracle, MySQL
- Experience with very large data sets
- Experience with high volume real-time data processing
- Experience with data visualization
- Past experience in a professional environment/setting desired
- Experience in the payment industry,payment fraud detection,or interest to learn
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.