About the Role
The Senior Accountant is a key role within the Namely Finance team & is one that requires deep financial experience. Namely is an exciting, fast growing environment, which means the Finance team is responsible for providing meaningful information to aid fast-paced business decisions. Were looking for ambitious high performers who want to contribute in building something special & grow with us as we grow. If you want to be challenged, own the numbers, & join an amazing team, were excited to talk to you about the Sr. Accountant position.
- Maintain company general ledger, monthly close process, account reconciliations
- Responsible for reconciliation, controls & financial reporting over Namely Payroll Trust including but not limited to subsidiary ledger reconciliations
- Develop & execute on internal controls to ensure high accuracy
- Assist in closing out all other subsidiary modules & post entries to GL
- Ensure completeness & proper recording of all expense transactions including travel & credit card programs
- Develop accounting estimates such as revenue accruals & provisions
- Prepare financial statements in accordance with GAAP & that conform to the company budget process monthly. Annual financial statements to include Notes
- Prepare detailed schedules & technical accounting memorandum to support complex accounting treatment.
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Communicate with independent auditors to ensure an efficient audit process
- Support revenue transactions related to brokerage & subscription business
- Support management of equity/stock compensation related matters between general ledger & companys equity management system
- Support order to cash & purchase to pay operations
- Other projects as requested including but not limited to projections, budget support, audits
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
- 3-5 years corporate experience, included but not limited to audit experience with SaaS business
- Systems knowledge preferred (NetSuite, Zuora, Salesforce)
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, including pivot tables & v-lookup formulas
- Strong understanding of GAAP accounting concepts
- Strong analytic & financial statement review skills
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
This position has a salary range of $85,000 - $100,000 per annum. Namely offers employees medical, dental, & vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with company match, equity, flexible spending accounts, $50,000 basic life & AD&D, free telehealthcare, paid vacation, holidays & sick leave, employee stock purchase plan, paid family leave, & many other available benefits. This information is provided per the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on the market location.
Namely Company Culture Highlights
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Places to Work in New York 2021
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Leadership Teams 2021
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best CEOs for Diversity 2021
Check us out on Comparably: https://www.comparably.com/companies/namely
Namely is the first HR, payroll, & benefits platform employees actually love to use. People are at the center of everything we dofrom our platform to our staff. Why join us? We believe every company & every employee deserves a great workplace, supported by HR technology they use & love. Most importantly, we believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career.
We invite you to fill out the EEO survey below as part of our ongoing diversity initiatives at Namely. Your participation in the survey is completely optional & voluntary, & none of the information you provide will be considered in the hiring process or with respect to any employment decision made by Namely. Namely will have access only to anonymized data submitted through these surveys.