Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about engineering easy-to-use tools that enable internal teams to manage customer resources & interactions.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Shepherd the architecture of your teams solutions with your teammates.
- Mentor & provide direction for your teammates technical growth.
- Engineer solutions to business problems by creating & maintaining Go.
- Iterate on the user onboarding experience via experimentation.
- Build & maintain APIs used by customer facing features.
- Create internal services that are performant & highly reliable.
- Creating & processing large amounts of data stored in, or streamed through, MySQL, Redis, & Kafka.
- Contribute to building & maturing engineering practices.
- Take part in an on-call rotation.
What Well Expect From You:
- Author & co-author Request For Comments documents (RFCs) & Architecture Design Record documents (ADR).
- Work with marketing & product to balance business value & needs with technical quality & requirements.
- Establish relationships with other technical teams & serve as a bridge to connect your technical teammates to other team members.
- Passionate about cloud technology & building software that has a high impact on the business & improving the developer experience.
- Experience making decisions based on data & experimentation. You have built or used A/B testing tools & run multiple A/B experiments.
- Comfortable with rapid execution, learning from failure, & building scale & reliability for successful ideas from testing & experimentation.
- Deployments: Experience with building & packaging containerized applications in Docker using a CI/CD environment using GOCD, Concourse, or similar platform.
- Design & architecture: Expert working within a microservice architecture, with knowledge of both asynchronous, event-driven processing, & synchronous GRPC/HTTP based requests.
- Domain experience: hands-on experience with IaaS- & PaaS-based solutions.
- Operational expertise: Knowledge of & ability to use Kibana & Grafana for monitoring, alerting, & troubleshooting (or similar tools).
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a remote-first culture.
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
**This position may be done in NYC or Remote (but not in CO due to local CO job posting requirements)
Department: Engineering #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Engineering team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!