Guardant Healthis a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets & advanced analytics. The Guardant Health Oncology Platform leverages capabilities to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes & lower healthcare costs across all stages of the cancer care continuum.Guardant Healthhas launched liquid biopsy-based Guardant360 & GuardantOMNI tests for advanced stage cancer patients & LUNAR assay for research use & for use in prospective clinical trials. In parallel,Guardant Healthis actively exploring the performance of the LUNAR assay in initial studies related to screening & early detection in asymptomatic individuals.
The Biospecimen Management (BSM) Supervisor is responsible for the general supervision of BSM personnel & the daily operations of the BSM Laboratory. The BSM Supervisor may also perform samples receiving, unpacking, processing, recording samples sent for laboratory testing. In addition, the Supervisor will be required to perform quality control & quality assurance procedures while complying with all applicable local, state, & federal laboratory requirements.
The nature of the work requires excellent attention to detail, effective written, & verbal communication skills, the ability to multi-task & be flexible with tasks & schedules. The Supervisor must be able to lead & work with a team, as well as work independently.
The Biospecimen Management Supervisor will often be the first point of contact for Biorepository Technician & Associates & will provide guidance while troubleshooting problems. The Supervisor must also act as a liaison between his/her team, Laboratory Associates, Client Services, the Laboratory Manager, Quality, & the Laboratory Director. As such the Biospecimen Management Supervisor must exhibit leadership skills such as good judgment, sound analyses & decision making, the ability to remain professional & composed under pressure, effective interpersonal skills & the ability to effectively communicate across all departments.
The Biospecimen Management Supervisor will also be responsible for scheduling, reviewing, motivating & coaching the BSM staff. The Supervisor will build strong & effective teams, manage projects, implement laboratory goals, refine and/or define processes, perform staff competency assessments, write/edit standard operating procedures (SOPs) & train the team on existing & new procedures.
The BSM Supervisor must demonstrate the ability to analyze issues & make sound & ethical decisions in a timely manner. The Supervisor must be flexible & have the ability to adapt quickly to evolving procedures, policies & workflows.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide day-to-day supervision of BSM personnel
- Responsible for the operation of the pre-analytical laboratory including receiving, unpacking & processing all incoming clinical specimens.
- Coach & mentor BSMtechnicians & Associates
- Manage the testing & validation of new laboratory equipment & procedures
- Identify process improvement opportunities & present to Director
- Perform, review & document laboratory quality control procedures
- Operate & maintain laboratory equipment as needed
- Recruit & train BSM staff
- Create & keep personnel files updated including training documentation & competency assessments
- Represent the BSM Department in cross-functional meetings
- Maintain a productive operational relationship with the IT/LIS departments to communicate ongoing modification requests
- Work closely with the Clinical Operations Supervisors , Alliance Management and/or Client Services Department in developing efficiencies/processes between the functional areas to ensure that SOPs & best practices for each department are met
- Perform administrative duties including but not limited to: writing & reviewing employee performance evaluations, SOPs, protocols, clinical trial sample tracking & equipment maintenance forms
- Maintain stringent standards for quality; identify & report any issues which might adversely impact the quality of test results and/or employee safety
- Manage & lead department projects & goals
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications.
- Assist with internal audits & inspection preparation, as needed
- Report all concerns of test quality and/or safety to a Manager or Safety Officer.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status & will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please visit our career page at:http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs/
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health & how it is used, please review ourPrivacy Notice for Job Applicants.