At Tanium, our Field Associate Technical Account Manager (ATAM) fulfills a necessary role in our organization to serve our customers by understanding the Tanium value proposition. ATAMs help build & take ownership of the technical account strategy for their assigned customer accounts learning the nuances of account management. Operating in a collaborative team environment with other TAMs, developers, enterprise services, & sales, ATAMs contribute to each customers success by supporting the Tanium platform in the field to operationalize Tanium & identify sales opportunities for their assigned accounts. As an ATAM, youll have continuous opportunities to apply your best technical skills while building new skills ranging from sales to scripting.
What youll do:
Manage customer accounts by:
- Triaging inbound support cases
- Solving Level 1 & 2 cases
- Conducting health-checks
- Working with other ATAMs to assist with their assigned customers
- Working with senior team members to support their pre-sales efforts
- Working with senior team members to improve the Tanium operational status within customer accounts
Improve customer experience by:
- Documenting best practices
- Tracking activity, documenting root cause, & reporting
- Serving as a technical subject matter expert, focusing mostly on the testing & troubleshooting aspects of the area
Were looking for someone with:
- Associates degree or equivalent experience required
- BS degree in Computer Science, MIS, or similar experience a plus
Experience & Skills
- 0-3 years into their career field with solid technical skills in one or more areas of networking, security, operations, scripting, and/or programming.
- Ability to master new concepts & technologies; continually striving to master the Tanium platform & modules.
- Critical thinking & problem solving; can break problems down into manageable, ordered piece parts & successfully convey the problem statement & plan to others.
- Aptitude for comprehending enterprise-level troubleshooting.
- Good Judgement; understand the importance of weighing cost & value in decision making & practice making good judgement calls with improved consistency over time.
- Independent; should be able to independently work on problems; should be able to complete tasks with limited assistance; participate in projects & follow technical support procedures only requiring help on more complex initiatives or issues.
- Influencing; developing early influence skills, working effectively with teams to present logical & compelling arguments to enhance innovation & efficiencies.
Good to Have:
- Prior experience & breadth of knowledge needed to lead customers & internal teams.
- Hands-on Tanium experience.
- Relevant technical certifications (Google IT Support Professional Certificate, CISSP, MCSE, A+/Security+/Network+ combined, etc.).
- Experience in one or more of the following technical domains:Endpoint Security, Endpoint Support/Troubleshooting, Incident Response, Systems Management, Utility Scripting (bash, PowerShell, VBScript, Python.).
At Tanium, we empower the worlds largest organizations to manage & protect their mission-critical networks. Theres a reason why six of the top ten retailers, 12 of the top 15 US banks, & five of the US Armed Forces use Tanium. We provide lightning-fast capabilities at their fingertips to see everything & do anything across their computer networks with unparalleled scale.
We pride ourselves on being unstoppable in the pursuit of our mission. We are diverse problem solvers driven to do the right thing & win as a team.
Join our team at tanium.com/careers/