About the Team
This person will work on the Executive team, in close partnership with senior leaders & employees in each of our three offices (NYC, London, & Germany). Because Andy interacts with almost everyone at Harrys, so, too, will his Executive Ops Manager-- in many ways this person will be the face of Harrys, constantly interacting with all of our most important internal & external stakeholders.
About the Role
The Executive Ops Manager will serve as an essential partner to Andy (our founder & CEO) & Andys Chief of Staff. This highly organized & endlessly resourceful person will support the CEO & CoS in day-to-day administrative & operational needs, contributing to projects & managing meetings at the executive level. We expect about 20% of this persons time will be allocated toward giving Andy leverage via calendar management & admin support in his personal life (scheduling appointments for Andy & his family, making reservations, running errands). The rest of their time will be spent on project work & initiatives to help drive the companys strategic priorities with the CoS. The role is one that doesnt neatly fit within the confines of the 9 - 5 day, so were looking for a go-getter whos eager to be flexible & available, even outside traditional working hours. Andy splits time between NYC & LA, so we are looking for someone who is willing to travel to LA on occasion (<10% of the time). Because the role (and our team!) is so dynamic, this person must possess strong business judgment & communication skills needed to interact with a variety of people & job functions.
What you will accomplish:
- Anticipate needs, look around corners, & provide the highest caliber of administrative support on: day-to-day scheduling, meeting logistics, travel itineraries, expense reports, & personal appointments & errands
- Ensure Andy is prepared for professional meetings & personal & professional events, by soliciting agendas, drafting one-pagers, creating itineraries, making reservations, printing material, & doing whatever it takes to ensure effective preparation
- For key meetings that the CEO leads and/or attends work closely with the CEOs Chief of Staff to: manage meeting agendas, ensure effective preparation (pre-reads, etc.), take notes, & drive follow ups & next steps
- For special projects that the CEO sponsors (e.g. refreshing our corporate brand), or processes & communications that the CEO owns (e.g. our goal setting process, & our weekly all-hands meeting) work closely with the CEOs Chief of Staff to manage project logistics, ensuring project remains on track & key stakeholders are up-to-speed.
- Interact regularly & build relationships with executives & colleagues across various teams, & with Andys family & close personal network
- Serve as a positive ambassador on behalf of Harrys, by consistently acting in a way that leaves people with a positive perception of the company while truly embodying our values.
This should describe you:
- Youre exceptionally detail oriented: You are a perfectionist who never lets anything fall through the cracks. You close every loop, spot every error, & look around corners to make sure every detail is perfect.
- Youre proactive: Some might call it pushy, but we just think youre proactive. Youre always three steps ahead, & know how to manage senior executives to help them avoid potential pitfalls.
- You possess foresight: If you had a superpower, it would be the ability to see (and plan) around corners. You know theres a problem & you know how to fix it before anyone else.
- You are a creative problem solver: Theres no sticky situation that you cant wiggle your way out of, & you always come to the table with solutions.
- Youre a great communicator: You can communicate nuance effectively to anyone, & you know how to modify your tone based on who youre speaking to. Whether its in an email, over the phone, or in person, you know how to get things done through your ability to clearly & professionally express yourself.
- Youre hardworking: You are endlessly reliable, trustworthy, & consistent in your ability to produce the highest quality work, even outside the confines of a 9-5 job. Everyone counts on you all the time, & you always come through. Whether its hopping on a plane for a last minute trip to LA, or coordinating an apartment move, or greeting our most important investors, youre down for anything, big or small.
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to Chief of Staff to Andy Katz-Mayfield, our co-founder & CEO
- Youll work on the Executive team, in close partnership with Andys Chief of Staff, Head of Internal Comms, & stakeholders from across the company in each of our 3 global offices (NYC, London, & Germany)
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.