Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Candidate's responsibility will include:
- Champion resiliency & reliability oriented architectures, patterns & trends through thought leadership & evangelism. Embrace DevOps & Combined Dev + Test Engineering transformation to achieve accelerated delivery.
- Develop components involving event instrumentation, event classification, multi-protocol event handlers, stream processing, pipelining, time series data aggregation & data analytics.
- Work closely with rest of the development teams to ensure that services & platforms are designed with reliability in mind.
- Develop tools for reliability of application services - reliability scope includes event detection, monitoring models, reaction strategies & mechanisms to automate service recovery.
- Evaluate & customize various frameworks including open source software to recommend appropriate choices
- Design, develop, document & implement new systems, as well as enhancements, modifications, & corrections to existing software with code that complies with design specifications & meets security & Java/J2EE best practices. Coding must adhere to all standards for security, be easily maintainable & have high system performance.
Bachelor's/Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3 or more years demonstrated experience implementing scalable solutions for one or more of the following: Event Monitoring, Time SeriesAnalytics.Ability to understand systems from all levels: from the "big picture" enterprise-level view to the low level technical view. Strong familiarity with event monitoring frameworks likeSplunk
- 5+or more years demonstrated experience with n-tier web application development & experience in Java development. Must demonstrate knowledge & experience with many of the major Java APIS (e.g. JMS, JPA, JNDI, EJB, RMI, JAX, JMX etc.)
- Experience working with a variety of Applications Servers & big data stack, containerization, dockers etc.
- Hands on experience with Continuous Integration, & full SDLC Development tools, including Jenkins, Bamboo, GIT, Maven, Junit, Code review, Static analysis, Security testing
- Demonstrated experience working in Agile development
- Experience working with a variety of Applications Servers & Databases (e.g.Tomcat, Oracle/NoSQL/Mongo/MySQL, Hadoop/Hbase)
- Experience leading projects from development through implementation.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.