Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Senior StaffSoftware Engineer is part of the Clearing & Settlement Test Engineering team based in Austin, TX, USA. We are in need of a highly motivated & skilled StaffSoftware Engineer that is passionate on using modern software engineering & testing principles to deliver robust applications to our global users.
The successful candidate will support Test Engineering efforts for the Clearing & Settlement (CAS) System, one of Visa's largest revenue generating platform & work with other peer test engineering organizations to insure seamless code releases.
- Leadtest automation initiatives including identification of appropriate test framework, building test tools to improve code quality & application performance
- Leadcross-functional teams in integration test efforts
- Mentor junior staff & provide guidance to all internal & external testing initiatives
- Design & develop test plans & functional test cases from business requirements & conceptual documents
- Leadtest design/plan review sessions with peers & other stakeholders
- Provide estimates on scope & scale of effort required to test changes
- Setup, configure, & maintain test environments
- Execute test cases, analyze & report test results to project team
- Ensure delivery of a high quality product meeting all requirements within the scheduled timeframe
- Collaborate closely with the development team to analyze, debug & resolve application issues
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or a related field
- 13+ years software development & test experience
- Experience with one or more testing frameworks, including but not limited to TestNG, JUnit, or Robot Framework
- Familiarity with Jenkins, git, or other source control & CI/CD technologies
- Strong Windows/Unix skills, proficient with at least one shell & one high-level scripting language (e.g. bash, Python, Ruby)
- Experience building & testing applications, RESTful services, or microservices on a modern technology stack
- Excellent verbal & written communication
- Ability to work well within a globally distributed team, in a high performance organization
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines