To create & maintain the technical content of Databricks courses, & to support Databricks technical instructors with adopting new materials & updates.
- Create a self-paced training content to onboard new customers to the Databricks platform.
- Update current instructor-led training materials (Spark Overview, Spark Programming & Spark ML) using the latest versions of Spark in Scala, Python, & R.
- Maintain instructor guides for instructor-lead training materials
- Continuously update all material to keep pace with Apache Spark updates
- Own & maintain the technical content of Databricks courses.
- Support instructors with adopting new materials & updates.
- Create technical learning solutions including online tutorials, technical labs, audio & video assets, simulations, instructor led & self-paced training.
- Identify learning objectives for desired training materials & develop project plans.
- Work with subject-matter-experts to research, scope, & design hands-on, learner-centered curricula.\
- 5+ years of experience in technical curriculum design & development.
- 5+ years of experience designing & developing online, ILT, & self-paced learning experiences.
- Track record of ramping up quickly on new technologies.
- Strong analytic skills, ability to use/develop data to drive decision making.
- Experience with Apache Spark & Big Data
- Experience with software development, especially in one or more of these languages: Python, Scala, R, Java
- [Preferred] Knowledge of Machine Learning
- [Preferred] Experience delivering training
- [Preferred] Experience with Azure & Amazon cloud administration & blob stores
- Medical, dental, vision
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Catered lunch (everyday), snacks, & drinks
- Gym reimbursement
- Employee referral bonus program
- Awesome coworkers
- Maternity & paternity plans
Databricks mission is to accelerate innovation for its customers by unifying Data Science, Engineering & Business. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark, Databricks provides a Unified Analytics Platform for data science teams to collaborate with data engineering & lines of business to build data products. Users achieve faster time-to-value with Databricks by creating analytic workflows that go from ETL & interactive exploration to production. The company also makes it easier for its users to focus on their data by providing a fully managed, scalable, & secure cloud infrastructure that reduces operational complexity & total cost of ownership. Databricks, venture-backed by Andreessen Horowitz, NEA & Battery Ventures, among others, has a global customer base that includes Salesforce, Viacom, Shell, & HP. For more information, visit www.databricks.com.
Apache, Apache Spark & Spark are trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation.