Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Medicare Advantage Sales Agent to join our team in New York.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
Oscar Regional Sales is a small, nimble team focused on driving growth in each of our markets. We want strong & passionate Medicare Advantage Sales Agents with established provider & community relationships to help launch & grow Oscar in assigned territories.
Representing Oscar to the market, you will be responsible for driving membership growth through traditional insurance sales channels, as well as the pursuit of innovative sales strategies. On the traditional side, you will be out in the field building relationships with providers & community organizations, & making presentations to potential qualified Medicare participants where they are -- virtually, in-home, doctors offices, and/or community / sales events -- using approved governmental guidelines. On the creative side, youll test & iterate on ideas to drive buzz at a local level & nurture partnerships with local organizations to enroll individuals in these plans.
If you enjoy impacting others lives & want a role where you can have an immediate impact on the trajectory of a rapidly growing healthcare startup in a massive & important market, then this role is for you.
- Develop strong & lasting relationships with prospects, providers & community partners to secure self-generated leads
- Become the owner of your assigned territory to maximize sales & marketing efforts in attaining new enrollments
- Prospect for leads & convert leads into appointments, into enrollments
- Meet or exceed sales goals while providing great service
- Be the voice of consumers within Oscar
- Maintain enrollment rate that is deemed acceptable by the company & conduct member retention activities as assigned
- Coordinate & conduct approved marketing & sales events with providers & community partners
- Ensure market adherence to Medicare guidelines & compliance regulations
- Achieve corporate enrollment goals
- Work cross functionally as needed to deliver upon the Oscar mission & goals
- 2+ years of sales experience in a managed health care setting
- Active New York Health & Life Insurance Licenses with valid state drivers license
- High School Diploma
- Bilingual (English & Spanish)
- Experience communicating with & presenting to a wide range of audiences from potential members & community organizations to internal leadership
- Upon offer acceptance you must be able to complete & pass the AHIP certification (paid for by Oscar Health)
- Bachelors degree
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We aim to make health care affordable & accessible for all, & apply this same vision to our perks & benefits, including: medical benefits, unlimited paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.