HelloFresh is on a mission to transform the way that people eat, forever!
Forget the hassle of supermarkets, or the tiresome process of planning your weekly meals - we deliver to your door all the ingredients, instructions & inspiration needed to make delicious meals at home, from scratch.
Not only have we been named Europes fastest growing start-up in the past, but at just 7 years in, were the industry leader. Along the way, weve delivered hundreds of millions of meals to millions of households worldwide & are passionate about disrupting one of the last industries to go online - food & grocery.
We want you to join us & help take HelloFresh to the next level - as a company in its growth phase, this is a great time to join. We will encourage you to make an immediate impact in your area of work as well as empower you to grow your career with us.
About the job:
Were looking for a motivated technical professional with proven experience of elevating & embedding food safety & quality throughout their areas of accountability - leading & developing a focused technical team of 3 direct reports.
This strategic role will drive internal functional & supplier relationships, elevating food safety, quality, legal compliance, & supplier management to the next level - delivering on all relevant business objectives.
Ensuring key functions are seamlessly working together will enable the technical team to focus their time & conduct in depth market analysis to fully leverage their technical decisions on behalf of the whole Hello Fresh organisation.
Responsible for service levels, quality of goods sold, quality & damage errors, compliance & food safety activities in HelloFresh UK. Deliver a strategy that performs, achieving an optimal balance between business needs & providing the best product for our customers.
What you will be doing:
- You will be managing all aspects of the Supply base from a technical standpoint, supporting internal functions with technical knowledge to ensure we deliver a range of compliant elements to the customer
- You will manage a team of 3 people
- You will work closely with the Procurement team to develop Category Plans, ensuring food safety, quality, legal compliance & supplier capability are core parts of the decision-making process.
- You will collaboratively work with Culinary & Procurement teams delivering HelloFresh Product Specifications that are fit for purpose & cover all relevant requirements
- You will work with our site operations teams to ensure product specifications include sufficient detail & relevant information
- You will lead the NPD/EPD process on behalf of the Quality & Technical Team at HelloFresh
- You will develop relationships with strategic suppliers, manage the testing schedule & lead the Supplier Approval Process & works with the Compliance Technical Lead
- You will lead continuous improvement of the HelloFresh Specification system
- You will review results & carryout analysis on data collected from the Quality team & report on performance on product quality
- You will build strategic relationships with industry stakeholders & local authorities
Who you are:
- You have strong experience in food safety, technology & quality ideally within FMCG or Retail
- You are a very strong & inspiring people manager
- You are highly analytical & data driven
- You have very strong supplier management experience & negotiation skills
- You enjoy strategic work across countries & are great at aligning processes globally
- A Food Sciences / Nutrition degree is a plus
- You have in depth knowledge of food safety systems, HACCP & COSHH
- You have a CIEH Level 4 award in Food safety or relevant qualification
- You always create a working environment that is both challenging & enjoyable
- You always keep up to date with industry requirements & trends linking to quality, food safety and
What you will get in return:
- 70% discount on HelloFresh boxes
- Free local gym access or private health care
- Free Breakfast everyday
- Pension scheme contribution
- Borrow My Doggie premium membership
- Fantastic weekly social activities & legendary Summer & Christmas parties
- Free weekly Yoga class & other well-being initiatives
Location:The HelloFresh Farm, 60 Worship Street, EC2A 2EZ, London