Ripples mission is to enable payments every way, everywhere for everyone. We believe connecting traditional financial entities like banks, payment providers & corporations with emerging blockchain technologies & users is the path to an open, decentralized, & more inclusive financial future. This Internet of Value gives any internet-enabled person, application or device access to financial services that are transparent, fast, reliable, & cheap. Delivering this vision is a challenge of massive scale spanning $155 trillion in annual cross border fiat payments & the $1.5 trillion market of digital assets that has grown 10X in the last year.
We are looking for a seasoned software engineer to join our team building liquidity services at Ripple. Our liquidity platform & products enables businesses to offer crypto trading services to their end customers, & is a key part of Ripples strategy to simplify access to crypto liquidity for enterprises. Ideal candidates have experience building high performance, data intensive applications in the trading domain. You will set a high bar of technical excellence & are excited to innovate at the boundaries of traditional finance & trading.
WHAT YOULL DO:
- Deliver reliable, high-throughput, low-latency (micro)services to power optimized decision-making at scale.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, from sculpting technical vision & software design to unit & integration testing
- Work with teams across the organization, including product, design, marketing, integrations, ops, customer success, legal & more
- Be a technical subject matter expert, provide technical leadership & mentorship across our engineering teams
- Continuously raise our standard of engineering excellence by implementing & driving best practices for coding, testing, & deployment
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
- 10+ years of hands-on Software Development experience on large scale distributed systems, with the last 5-7+ years in high performance setting, & 2+ years experience working as a tech lead
- Deep experience building a global scale, automated trading systems.
- Experience with Agile development of distributed services, with a focus on robust software design, scalability & security
- Eagerness to work openly & collaboratively with a diverse team
- Ability to encourage & drive engineering best practices
- Experience recruiting & mentoring a world-class team
- BS in Computer Science or similar
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant & seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain & cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity & inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing & enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses & consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, So Paulo, Toronto, Reykjavk, Washington D.C. & Dubai.
WHAT WE OFFER The resources & support to be your best at work & beyond:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies & make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, & empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work remotely, from our offices, or a combination of the two within the 11 countries we are located around the world.
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates & ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team off-sites, team bonding activities, happy hours & more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, & equity
- Bonus Flexibility Program: Participants in the Corporate Bonus Plan have the option to elect to receive their annual bonus in cash, equity or XRP, or a combination.
- 100% paid medical & dental & 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match)
- Commuter benefits
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest & recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement & weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, & plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees. Interns - please discuss benefits with your recruiter.
Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Were committed to building a diverse & inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.