BlaBlaCar is the world's leading long-distance carpooling platform - a global, trusted community of 70 million drivers & passengers in 22 countries. The platform connects people looking to travel long distances with drivers heading the same way, so they can travel together & share the cost. With the recent integration of a coach network & a commuter carpooling service, BlaBlaCar aims to become the go-to for shared road mobility. Affordable, convenient & user-friendly, wherever there's a road, there's a BlaBlaCar.
Why join us?
The Peopler Director, Russia & Ukraine, will be key in the high growth of our business in this region by providing full-cycle human resources, partnering on a daily basis with our managers & team members.
You will be responsible for the HR function in the region, looking after a population of 200 employees, & growing. Your main responsibility will be to implement BlaBlaCar People policies (e.g., salary review, equity programs, internal & external training & development, hiring planning & strategy, succession planning, remote policy), & you will also lead specific programs that will increase BlaBlaCar's ability to attract, retain & engage team members in your region.
In the short term, you will focus on the post-merger integration of Busfor, the leading platform for bus tickets online distribution, into BlaBlaCar.
You'll be instrumental in scaling the operations in BlaBlaCar's fast growing business, after a successful integration of Busfor. The role is both strategic & hands-on, by contributing into organization effectiveness & design, providing management coaching & driving HR functional excellence on your scope.
You will assist Managers in building efficient People processes. You will contribute to fostering engagement & adherence to the company's culture. You will be part of a fun, passionate & dynamic global People team, with whom you'll work very closely to deliver ambitious People-related projects, policies & value.
We are seeking an experienced HR manager or business partner who can effectively interact with business leaders & managers at all levels, possesses excellent self-organization & communication skills, demonstrates a solid experience in talent development & loves embracing a tech & fast-paced environment.
You will report to Vice-President, CEE & LATAM, with a functional line to the central People team.
Your contributions will be:
- You will support 200 team members & managers on a high-growth scope, based in different 5 different locations in Russia & Ukraine.
- You will be a key contributor to the successful integration of Busfor.
- You are responsible for all aspects of HR, including administrative & legal, with the support of the central People team, the legal team, & external providers, & the possibility to build a team overtime.
- You will coach & provide guidance to managers on their own team management & organizational & People-related topics (ex : ensure efficient organization implementation, change management, daily support in our various People policies' application, OKR definition & performance assessment, individual talent development guidance & advisory).
- You will collaborate closely with managers in order to better attract, develop & retain talents.
- You will be an essential relay of internal communication to better involve & bring together our teams.
- Because you will be close to our teams, you will have an accurate feeling of our internal climate on your scope & to be proactive in suggesting plans.
- You will make sure there is a good coordination of HR-related subjects between managers & team members & the central People team : Operations, Talent Acquisition, Talent Development, Compensation & Benefits, Engagement team.
- You will provide guidance to our managers & team members in understanding, & taking up our policy philosophy, strategy & tools (ex : hiring, levels, performance, compensation & benefits, remote).
What you will need to be successful
- Several years of experience in an HR leadership role with broad knowledge & experience in human resource management, preferably in tech companies.
- Ability to relate to, influence & coach employees at all levels in the organization.
- A strong ability to diagnose problems both in a qualitative but also data-driven approach, using strategic thinking skills as well as identify & drive appropriate solutions.
- Be humble, structured, organized, motivated by innovation & a relentless doer.
- Enjoy working as a team-player & learning from others.
A few practical details about the role
- Start: As soon as you are ready!
- Location: Moscow
- Contract: Permanent contract
- Compensation: Competitive package based on experience
What we offer all of our employees
- The opportunity to have a meaningful impact, building a CO2-saving global travel network enabling strong human connections too.
- A strong Fun & Serious company culture.
- An international environment with a team counting 35 nationalities, serving a global member-base from 8 offices around the world (Berlin, Kiev, Madrid, Milan, Moscow, Paris (HQ), So Paulo, Warsaw).
- State-of-the-art office spaces, in a great location.
- A start-up spirit grounded in agility & teamwork.
- Challenging career opportunities in a high-growth & fast-paced environment.
- Bi-Weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks to learn from each other.
- Weekly Tech Demos, so that we're all up to date with where our product stands.
And some other great perks!
- Free carpooling to live our value Be The Member.
- BlaBlaBreak which takes us all for an unforgettable weekend.
- Internal Show with professional production & coaching to impress your colleagues. with hidden artistic skills, or be impressed by them.
- Possibility to work from another Office abroad for a week once a year.
What is next
If you are ready to join our exciting journey, please apply below: upload your resume in English (PDF format).
Kindly note that only complete applications will be reviewed by our hiring team & that all your information will be kept confidential.
You can expect us to review your application within the following 3 weeks. If your application & profile fit our requirements, we will invite you for a set of interviews with our Secretary General, our VP CEE & Latam, our CEO Busfor & MD BlaBlaCar & Busfor Russia.
BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.