Help Flexport fix the user experience in global trade!
The role of the Supply Chain Operations Senior Manager is a critical part of making Flexports mission to make global trade easy for everyone a reality. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients & suppliers across 109 countries. In this role, your direct customers are the partners within your region: our account management & customs teams, subcontractors, carriers, terminals & trucking providers. Your work directly supports Flexports end customers in achieving their logistics goals. Most importantly, you will play a pivotal role in building the next operational model at Flexport: allowing us to effectively scale to achieve our mission of making global trade easier for everyone.
This role is designed to hire, train, & develop a team of motivated operations managers: designing & building the new model of operations at Flexport while strategically leading your team through the complex world of logistics. You will work cross-functionally to navigate ambiguous challenges & establish a world-class operating team designed to catapult Flexport to realizing its mission. At this stage in Flexport's journey, we understand that great leadership is what will help us achieve our goal. We are looking for best-in-class leadership that can articulate a clear vision & excite teams to execute it day in & day out.
As a supply chain leader, you are an expert in executing the end-to-end movement of shipments within a regional network including Ocean or Air & LCL exports.
- You will hire, coach & develop an organization of 4-5 managers & 20-40 individual contributors responsible for the end-to-end movement of consolidated freight or ocean freight shipments within a gateway.
- You will design strategic operational processes & infrastructure to ensure Flexport executes quality service delivery on-time, efficiently, cost-effectively & most importantly creates a world-class customer experience.
- You will be responsible for monitoring & improving overall cost-to-serve while maintaining a high level of client satisfaction.
- You will personally represent Flexports value proposition by recommending supply chain solutions for new clients & opportunities to the account management team.
- You will guard the front line in ensuring the highest standard of Flexport quality: designing the right processes & metrics for shipments to move on-time & exceptions resolved quickly & appropriately. You will be responsible for meeting internal KPIs & SLAs that demonstrate quality delivery.
- You will assist in the development of & manage business plans & budgets for gateway teams.
- As an Ocean team leader you will:
- Serve as the primary relationship manager for internal & external partners in your gateway such as ocean, intermodal & drayage vendors, the Customs team & the Network Operations team. You will be the primary point of contact for third-level internal & external escalations.
- Manage all parts of global Export ocean operations including white glove, specialty, & global key accounts with supply chain complexity.
- You will allow Flexport to decouple scale & headcount. Leverage data & work with the product team to design software to establish the best processes & controls for all parts of the shipment lifecycle
- You will work cross with global management to design the right metrics that empower your gateway team to deliver great performance
- You will work with Product & Engineering teams to develop technology roadmaps & implement new features
- You will provide leadership & direction to a high-performance team of managers & individual contributors, including hiring, training, & career development
- You will empower your team to prioritize & align on key initiatives, experiment with the best ways to drive growth & maintain high on-the-job motivation.
- You will work with Account Management to design & iterate on effective feedback loops to ensure client needs are met.
- You will act as a strategic consultant to your global counterparts, product & engineering & the operations excellence team on ocean supply chain operations & your regional gateway ocean or network operations strategy.
What you will need:
- BA/BS degree & minimum 5-10 years of experience in logistics, freight forwarding, supply chain, ocean carrier operations, or consulting (ocean freight knowledge is a plus)
- A minimum of 5 years of experience managing direct reports
- MA/MS degree in a business or logistics oriented field is a plus
Were looking for folks that have:
- Demonstrated ability to lead large teams in day-to-day execution & process improvement, including leading managers
- Experience managing the end-to-end customer lifecycle & working with sales teams to understand & cater to the customer experience & lifecycle
- Demonstrated ability building & implementing cross-functional, complex processes
- Strategic vision & ground floor execution
- Excitement to manage relations & create a best-in-class operational structure
- Hands-on, process-oriented, structured thinker with strong problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent communication, interpersonal & organizational skills
- Client service mindset - obsessed with client & squad happiness
- A mastery of internal & external communication
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic & reason require it. See something broken? Fix it!
- The desire to lead, train & develop up & coming industry talent
Why join Flexport?
Investing your time with Flexport means keeping pace with a rapidly growing business, learning new skills, & seeking opportunities to think from end to end. We appreciate your contributions to making Flexport an amazing place to work & we encourage upwards or lateral movement & transfers that align with current business needs & help Flexport deliver on its mission & unlock the potential in our team members.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.