Were excited to be looking for a Senior Manager of Product Development, Apparel & Soft Goods to join our rapidly-growing team in Brooklyn, NY (currently remote & expected to be back in summer 2021!). Reporting to our VP of Merchandising, youll manage the product development process for our apparel & soft goods (from design to launch!) & work cross-functionally to translate Brooklinens designs into finished products.
Youre the perfect person for this role if you have an obsession with the details & meeting deadlines, are a creative & resourceful problem solver, & have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. If youre excited about driving Brooklinens product development process, wed love to hear from you!
What youll do
- Maintain & create product development calendars for our apparel & soft goods to ensure key milestones are met & product launches are delivered within schedule
- Partner with our Design team to troubleshoot manufacturing issues that may arise & deliver product that meets our design aesthetic
- Collaborate with our Operations & Production teams to facilitate the hand-off from product development to production
- Track & communicate cost & margin updates with an understanding of cost engineering
- Identify opportunities for cost savings, efficient manufacturing, & construction that meet our quality expectations
- Facilitate strong external & internal communication around product & specs; manage the handover of clean product specs to Production
- Build strong relationships with our key suppliers & sourcing partners; communicate with vendors on a regular basis throughout the development process to ensure finished goods meet our planned schedules & quality standards
- Source options for materials, components, & techniques that are on-brand, within cost, & compliant with performance standards to prevent a lapse in production
We're looking for someone who brings
- 6+ years of product development or sourcing experience in the fashion or home space; prior experience in apparel with knowledge of garment construction & specs is a must
- Strong knowledge of sourcing, sampling, & the costing process
- Prior experience with Excel/Google Sheets & PLM systems; familiarity with Monday.com, Shopify, Netsuite ERP, & cloud-based PLMs (Backbone, WFX, etc.) is a plus
- Someone who is highly organized, an excellent communicator, has an entrepreneurial spirit, & the ability to work in a global environment
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, & passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job & so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- We work hard, but are well-rounded (and well-rested). Breaks to pet dogs & hang with coworkers are encouraged. So is taking vacation (weve got a $1k vacation bonus), getting out of here at a reasonable hour, Summer Fridays, & obviously getting a great night sleep (our day starts at 10am).
- Care about growth? So do we. Were growing rapidly, so weve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects & business needs pop up every single day, & we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff youd expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), a 401k plan, 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning & development, fun team outings, & much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - were passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community & creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. We invite you to take a look at how weve done so far & where we know we need to do better.
At Brooklinen, we deliver simple, beautiful, high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We cut out the middlemen, brand markups, & anything that doesnt add value for our customers so they can absorb all the savings. We design our own luxury basics & bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 60,000+ 5-star reviews & been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ & more.