Company Description|Job Description
Fascinated by the future & captivated by technology?
Smart, driven & want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
By joining one of our teams at Earthport, a division of Visa Inc since 2019, you'll have an opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Being part of Visa, the world's leader in digital payments technology, our mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network, enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive.
Earthport is a financial technology business that provides cross-border payment processing services to banks & payments businesses across six continents through its global network. One of the fastest growing global Fintech businesses the Group also provides tailored FX & payment solutions direct to corporates through its EarthportFX brand.
Individuality fuels our brand & our global team - we are proud that we are a talented team of 18,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life both within & outside of the office, & whether it is taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programmes, Earthport & Visa respects & encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
If you think you could support the Visa family by joining Earthport as Head of Commercial Strategy & Planning, we want to hear from you.
What's it all about?
Thepost holderwill be responsible for developing & supporting the overall sales strategy & planning process to ensure overall success of Visa Direct commercial growth across the regions. Working directly with the regional sales leadership this role will play an active role in developing cut through strategies to accelerate growth & consumer engagement. This role will support our efforts around the world, ensure thoughtful communication to Visa executives, & escalate appropriately if things get off track.
As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally & internationally with Visa Direct product teams, various regional sales teams, & functional teams (finance, marketing/comms., & legal) to collectively bring a hyper-growth product to market at scale.
This is a cross functional role so organizational savvy & interpersonal skills are critical as we interface with other specialized product groups, financial institution sales, merchant sales, operations, technology, risk, analytics, marketing & corporate communications, legal, corporate strategy, & finance to coordinate the build, launch & sell Visa Direct. We are looking for a highly motivated, positive individual with a proven track record of success in fast-paced environments with demanding timelines to join the team.
What we expect of you, day to day.
Go-to-Market & Sales Strategy
- Conduct research & analysis to identify key markets & use cases for Visa Direct
- Identify key targets aligned to strategic verticals
- Develop FI & Cross border sales, account management, & CRM strategy
- Work with Marketing, Product & Sales Operations to ensure that a focussed & customer orientated strategy it's implemented across all consumer touch points
- Work directly with the Global Head of Sales to develop long term strategic plans in addition to directly supporting the immediate transformational initiatives required for Earthport & Visa Direct
- Aggregate, automate, & derive business insights from available data by working closely with the Head of Sales Operations
- Develop & execute a management reporting structure & regional engagement models
- Work with Sales operations to validate & challenge targets, forecasts & commercial assumptions
- Develop & deliver a compensation strategy to support the rapid growth ambitions of the business
What we're after
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree or equivalent (MBA preferred), or hold equivalent professional experience
- High level of industry related experience, with experience in business strategy and/or management consulting
- Creative Self-starter with a bias toward action & proven track record for successfully developing, building, launching & commercializing sales teams
- A proven track record of success in fast-paced environments with demanding timelines.
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong focus on delivering for clients
- Outstanding executive communication skills (verbal & visual) with an ability to explain complex business & technical concepts to broad audiences in an approachable way
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to correlate data & trends to business drivers, while thinking big & leading executive messaging. This position is expected to utilize data & metrics to communicate needs with ease
- Proven project development experience
- Strong sense of urgency & experience driving to successful commercialization
- Ensure personal efforts are integrated & aligned with functional objectives
- Strong collaboration & influence skills to effectively lead cross-functional teams to drive deliverables, projects & engagements to completion
- Take prompt, decisive action after analyzing relevant information
- Passionate about what you do & fired up about the opportunity to transform payments working for the industry leader
- An advanced degree from a top school strongly preferred
- Visa & financial/payment industry knowledge is highly desired
- Willing to work non-standard hours to accommodate time zones
This position will be performed in an office setting.
The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge & inspire you - we'd love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Earthport is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.