At Boxed, our mission is to address the evolving data needs of businesses through our experience within the e-Commerce landscape. What began as an end-to-end solution for Boxed.com is now a world-class suite of SaaS products, powered by advanced analytics & machine learning. Retailers & companies of various industries can easily produce deep business insights, resulting in data-driven, positive outcomes in all facets of their operations.
Our Engineering team is a brilliant cultivator of technology powering our world class platform & SaaS, spanning everything from Catalog, Orders & Fulfillment, & Personalization. Being part of Boxeds Engineering team means youll work with wicked-smart individuals from all over the world who contribute as Engineers, Product Managers, Designers, & Data Scientists. Every day our Engineering team innovates in the depths of e-commerce with the latest technologies & were excited to welcome engineers who are ready for a challenge & know how to think outside the box!
We are looking for talented Senior Software Engineers to join our Back-end Services team. The teams primary mission is to build value into the overall e-commerce platform with a focus on enhancing our storefront websites & apps through well designed & documented APIs and/or Back-end Services. The team is also responsible for creating & maintaining various integrations with internal & external systems. As part of this team, we expect our software engineers to ensure that all services are built to be performant, reliable, scalable & reusable.
- Develop, test, & deploy APIs & event driven processes supporting our eCommerce platform using Node.js & Typescript onto Google Cloud Platform
- Think big & boldly as we collectively drive toward providing the best global e-commerce & SaaS platform
- Design & implement solutions that provide immediate & long-lasting value to our customers, partners, & employees
- Collaborate with our product teams in domain-driven, cross-functional teams
- Improve the performance, reliability, observability, & scalability of our existing systems
- Write clear documentation & thorough automated tests to ensure code stability & to reduce maintenance
- Review your peers code to both teach & learn while increasing the quality of our software
- Ship code that directly impacts our customers' experience
- Take responsibility & diagnose production issues.
- Demonstrated results & products from 4+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent & relevant work experience
- Demonstrated track record of taking initiative on projects
- Experience mentoring or captaining in any capacity
- Experience writing production code in backend applications using NodeJS
- Strong Database skills (e.g. MongoDB, Redis, SQL)
- Experience with event-driven communication (e.g. Pub/Sub)
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills with a healthy experimental attitude
- Ability to learn & adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal & oral communication skills it will be necessary for you to communicate your work to the rest of the engineering team through many mediums including documentation, presentations, & intra-team workshops
- Ability to work with & mentor small teams
- Excellent troubleshooting & debugging skills.
- Experience with Distributed Systems (eg. Microservices, Event-Driven Architecture)
- Experience with CI/CD (e.g. Jenkins)
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with Cloud Infrastructure & Containerization (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes).
Benefits & Perks:
- Working with smart, positive people
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Unlimited vacation
- Full healthcare benefits.