Become a part of our team of content innovators!
BuzzFeeds Talent Residency is a new program for aspiring on-camera personalities & YouTubers with a passion for viral storytelling & content creation.
Through this program, residents will have the opportunity to reach new audiences & help contribute to the future of BuzzFeeds voice & perspective alongside an incredible group of content creators.
By tapping into our lifestyle brandsNifty & Goodful, residents will work alongside & learn from existing BuzzFeed producers & talent to become the next faces & voices of the internet.
Residents will be natives of the digital & pop culture landscape with intimate knowledge of the latest & greatest in social media/emerging technology platforms.
This entry-level opportunity is perfect for someone with a passion for crafting & creating innovative DIY & lifestyle content looking to kickstart a career in the digital creator or influencer space as an on-camera talent driving personal & BuzzFeed social growth.
As a BuzzFeed Resident, youll work with innovators in the talent space & forge your own relationships with YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Snap & Twitch audiences!
- Report into the Talent Partnerships team & collaborate closely with a designated content team to appear in 10-12 short-form videos per month
- Act as cast for pre-established block shoots for our tried-and-true BuzzFeed formats (taste-tests, snack swaps, etc)
- Participate in team or paired brainstorms alongside BuzzFeed producers to come up with new formats, interesting takes on trending topics, & viral video concepts
- Work with BuzzFeed producers & our strategy team to identify current trends & help develop content that our audiences will want to share
- Take part in custom classes & sessions hosted by BuzzFeed & outside experts in video creation, social strategy, platform partnerships & many more!
- A strong public-facing personal brand on social media, & a passion for sharing relatable content
- An engaging on-camera presence & a highly collaborative personality
- A unique story or background that you are willing to share with the BuzzFeed audience
- Experience creating content for a variety of social platforms
- A passion for creating DIY and/or healthy lifestyle content for a digital audience
- Basic content creation & editing skills using a smartphone; DSLR or other equipment experience is helpful, but not required
- Availability to work part-time, on-site in Hollywood for the duration of the program
- Applicants must be over the age of 18 as of the start of the residency program
The Residency is an entry-level, part-time, 3-9 month-long program, approximately 3 days/20 hours per week, launching in March 2020 on our Hollywood campus.
Applications close on January 10th. Selected candidates will be first asked to digitally interview beginning in January, followed by IRL interviews & an on-site screen test.
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter & links to your work to our casting department.