- Pitches, writes, & edits content for Makeup.com & Skincare.com, as well as LOreal Paris Beauty Magazine as needed
- Produces content daily
- Brings LOral products to life through editorial content, writing in the voice & tone of each site
- Works with LOral brands to understand priorities
- Works with the creative team to bring stories to live
- Performs cross-functional duties as needed, supporting social media & other editorial projects
Core Duties & Responsibilities
Site Content Production:
- Pitches at least 30 story ideas each month
- Produces at least 10-20 pieces of standout original content each week that require little line editing
- Can prioritize workload & works with senior team to prioritize when help is needed
- Is able to rework seasonal, timely, & evergreen articles with a focus on SEO
- Develops & maintains relationships with experts, content sources, PR reps, & other industry contacts
- Attends events, conducts interviews, takes photos, & secures original content for site
- Represents Makeup.com, Skincare.com, & Beauty Magazine on camera or in creative as needed
- Joins Group Nine, Brandshop, or POPSUGAR editorial task forces as needed, contributing ideas & feedback for new initiatives & tools
- Minimum of 2 years experience in writing/editing/blogging or related field
- Minimum 1 year experience as an Assistant Editor
- Strong writing, editing, & communication skills
- Strong SEO skills
- Ability to turn around clean, witty, accurate copy on tight deadlines
- Familiarity with social media
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Ability to stay ahead of trends & adapt to a constantly changing digital landscape
- Is proficient with HTML, Photoshop, CMS, tagging guide, & style guide
- Sitecore CMS experience a plus
Why Work at Group Nine
We are committed to diversity, equity & inclusion. As part of our larger DE&I strategy, every employee goes through a series of DE&I training. We have incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), with the support of our Head of DE&I & executive sponsors, that host everything from weekly safe space chats to community events.
We have amazing people. We can promise youll work alongside some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. Bottom line: we care about each other & we take our values seriously.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental & vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Weve partnered with best-in-class virtual care providers to bring health care, mental health support & meditation to all employees. Additionally, knowing that time away from work is integral to employee well-being, our time off allowances (consisting of vacation, sick, company holidays, volunteer & religious observances), ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better once youre here.
About Group Nine:
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nines brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news & politics brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, May 2020]; The Dodo, the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019]; POPSUGAR, the #1 most engaged-with Womens Lifestyle site in the U.S. [Comscore, February 2020]; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critics Choice, among others.