Who we are:
MasterClass is transforming online education by enabling anyone in the world to learn from the very best. We are deconstructing what makes an actor able to cry on demand, how an athlete defies gravity, & what it takes to write a bestseller. Our online learning content is available to students anywhere anytime, which supports our mission to ignite the greatness in others.
We are a quickly growing VC-funded startup based in San Francisco, with additional offices in Los Angeles. We have created online classes taught by famous masters Gordon Ramsay, Serena Williams, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Sara Blakely, David Sedaris, Bobbi Brown, Timbaland, Anna Wintour & many more to come.
Since launching in 2015, we have been growing our team. Apply now to find out more about what we are doing behind the scenes.
What we are looking for:
- You have experience building & scaling an impactful business operations & strategy organization
- You are a polymath able to combine concepts from a variety of subject areas to create unique strategies & analyses
- You are excited to roll up your sleeves & partner with Marketing, Content, Product, Engineering, Finance, Legal, & all the MasterClass teams to scale our business
- You have a track record of building strong relationships across an organization
Responsibilities of the role:
- Lead the development of the MasterClass corporate strategy in partnership with the C-suite
- Partner across the org to drive efficient strategy, operations, & processes
- Build a world-class team capable of impacting the business through strategy, analysis, & operations.
- Identify, scope, & drive strategic high leverage projects
Requirements / What youll need:
- Experience in building & scaling business operations & strategy teams
- Strong written & verbal communication skills, as well as stakeholder management & data analysis experience
- Ability to think strategically with a willingness to roll up your sleeves & execute / operationalize the plan in collaboration with other teams
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent) required; MBA is a plus
- A passion for the mission of MasterClass
At MasterClass, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, MasterClass will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you.