At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Department
The Security team at Cloudflare is focused & committed to helping secure both Cloudflare & our customers. The Infrastructure Security team works closely with the engineering teams responsible for running & maintaining our global infrastructure. Our mission is to help build security into the hardware & software that run Cloudflares products.
What youll do
We are looking for an experienced Security Engineer to help us in our mission to build a better internet. Part engineer, part hacker, you will work with our engineering & infrastructure teams to help secure our globally distributed systems.
- Work to ensure our global infrastructure is secure from all attacks, ranging from script kiddies to nation states.
- Mentor junior members of the team.
- Build internal security tools that help fix security problems at a massive scale.
- Be a technical lead, driving products from inception to completion with other members of the security team, as well as engineering teams across the company.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge & experience
- Experience on a security engineering team, ideally as a technical lead.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, & the ability to distill complex security issues into concise explanations.
- Experience in engineering creative solutions in response to ever changing attack methodologies.
- Experience in developing & debugging in at least one programming language, with a preference towards Go, C/C++, or Rust.
- Knowledge of cryptographic primitives & how they can be safely used.
- Familiar with the challenges of processing security events at scale.
- Expertise in securing hardware. You should be able to talk about the differences between secure boot, trusted boot & verified boot. You should know when to use a TPM or HSM.
What Makes Us Special
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people & place great value in both diversity & inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.