UX Product Designer - Pivotal Labs
New York, New York
Pivotals Story VIDEO
Founded in 2013, Pivotal Software, combines our leading cloud-native platform, tools, & methodology to empower the worlds largest organizations to adapt to change & build great software. Our technology unleashes developer productivity while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.Pivotal Labsis Pivotal's consulting team, & a recognized leader in modern software development practices.
At Pivotal, we are opinionated about the cultural qualities that contribute to better digital products. Our engineers & designers practice pair programming & pair design because we know its how to grow our skills & deliver remarkable results. We work in small teams & rotate between them frequently so that we are able to meet new challenges & explore new ideas.
Our methodology is about evolving, in both development & innovation, & our culture is empowering. We subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each & every project & are guided by a purposeful mission: to transform how the world builds software.
You have a track record of helping conceive, define & execute user experiences across web & mobile products. Your portfolio will show that you've worked on a range of challenging projects across all steps of the design process: research, prototyping, & aesthetics.
- You maintain a user-centered approach in design perspective & practice
- Collaborate to understand business requirements & work closely with team members to develop solutions
- Lead products through discovery, framing, & iterative delivery
- Commit to exploring & finding the right solution for your users
- Stay up-to-date on the current & best UI & visual design practices & trends
- Evangelize new interface guidelines & design patterns
- Thrive in a highly collaborative, dynamic, agile environment
- Take a quick break to play table tennis, a video game, or just relax
- You have a minimum of 3 years of experience as a Product Designer
- Experience with agile & lean philosophies
- Strong opinions but hold them loosely
- Experience in training, mentoring, and/or upskilling designers
- Excellent communication, presentation, & organizational skills with a strong work ethic
- A portfolio of design work that is clear & professional
- A dedication to lifelong design learning
- Ability to rapidly iterate on prototypes
- Proficiency in Creative Suite and/or Sketch or some equivalent
- An understanding of HTML / CSS / JS
- Ability to travelup to 30%
- You have 5 years of experience as a Product Designer
- User research experience in technical domains
- Visual identity & branding experience
- Some fancy illustration skills
- The ability to code your own prototypes
- Experience with data visualization
- Consistently lead user research projects
To help share a bit more about life at Pivotal here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Pivotal. Hopefully, you'll take the leap of faith & apply.
Please Note: Due to the nature of some of our clients & projects, this role requires US Citizenship.
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider you for this role regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.