Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
At Casper, we believe that better sleep makes for better living. We design products & experiences to help you dream your way to a better life!
We are looking for a naturally charismatic leader with exceptional service & sales acumen to be the Associate Store Manager for Austin. You will oversee staff & day-to-day operations alongside the Store Manager. You will help benchmark Casper's offline experience by nurturing a customer-centric & consultative sales culture. You are passionate about people management & recognize that getting the best from your teams requires leading by example, active coaching & investing in their development. You have a practical sensibility when it comes to customer journey & excel in data-driven decision making.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, & is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, & its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, & a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, & its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When youre not catching zzzs, this is what youll do
- Create an engaging customer experience that focuses on building relationships through the connection & relation of our brand & brand values.
- Evangelize the Casper mission of sleep & increase customer awareness.
- Protect & enhance the Casper omni channel customer journey.
- Be the voice of the customer, ensuring insights & opportunities to improve brand, product & services are communicated back to the Casper organization.
- Responsible for meeting/exceeding sales plans & increasing Caspers market penetration rate.
- Assume managerial duties in the absence of the manager, including staff scheduling, opening/closing, inventory management, upholding visual brand standards, maintaining safe working conditions & facilities maintenance.
- Recruit, retain & develop a unique talent pool through continuous daily networking & interviewing prospective candidates.
- Develop, coach, & mentor a world class service-minded & high performing team.
- Foster an inspiring environment of engagement & learning, empowering team members to realize their full potential.
- Maintain performance culture of ownership, continuous improvement & goal achievement.
- Implement & supervise ongoing training & feedback with the team.
- Work with the fleet to build out back of house processes & manage continuous improvements.
Our dream candidate has...
- 3+ years minimum experience as a people leader in a retail, sales, customer service or hospitality industry.
- Exceptional leadership capabilities with a track record of attracting, developing, & motivating top talent, swiftly adapting to change, & leading others through the fast paced environments
- Financial management experience with success in driving top-line sales, interpreting reporting data, managing payroll budgets, & controlling expense.
- Deep & demonstrated understanding of service excellence in a consumer environment.
- Excellent communication skills with a knack for building consensus via influence.
- The desire to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment understands the importance of experimentation & iteration.
- Fluency in Salesforce preferred
- Must be able to lift at least 50lb
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if youre feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!