At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
This team is focused on urban transportation & removing congestion, read more here!
This newly created position is responsible for ensuring that Supply Chain has a cohesive cross functional program plan & executes aggressively to this plan. You will play a key role in establishing the program roadmap & driving activities which deliver against this plan. This role is dependent on integrating & working directly with key Hardware Engineering, Operations, Finance & Product Development teams.
In this role, the successful candidate will focus on delivering supply chain scopes of our major programs. A strong candidate will be able to gather business requirements & develop program plans to which deliver high value solutions. The candidate will be focused on execution & have experience driving cross functional teams in agile, high technology environments, with a focus on Supply Chain. The candidate will be expected to own the project plan, chair associated governance meetings, develop cohesion between teams, solve problems & escalate as required. This will also include picking up & completing project related tasks as may be required.
In addition to the specific applied program management responsibilities, this position is expected to contribute to the maturity of the overall function. This includes creating & refining processes, tools & templates that can be applied to across all projects & categories worldwide.
- Develop supply chain & commodity strategies ensuring supplier(s) are capable of meeting Lyfts current & future technical & business requirements
- Lead the development of supply chain & manufacturing to deliver micro-mobility vehicles & infrastructure in cities
- Ensure execution to plan & wide cross function communication of status.
- Ensure tracking of key program metrics such as cost, schedule, & target product attributes
- Drive accountability in team member to ensure Lyft is maintaining its commitments to stakeholders
- Maintain expertise/knowledge of manufacturing & micromobility market trends
- Build lean processes that drive cross-functional & cost-effective development of hardware solutions.
- Program manage new production manufacturing or new supplier introduction activities
- Supporting functional partners in commercial negotiations & technical evaluations for partnerships.
- Travel periodically to suppliers manufacturing sites
- 3+ years of industry experience working in Program Management
- 3+ years of industry experience working in Strategic Sourcing & Procurement
- Independent self-starter with high degree of confidence & business acumen
- Solid team player; can work cooperatively & effectively in a team environment
- Strong consultative, analytical, & problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, & negotiation skills
- Self motivated, reliable, passionate, & can keep to deadlines
- Bachelor's degree. MBA or other advanced degree is a plus
- PMP Certification is a plus
- Experience with product lifecycle beginning with NPI
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.