At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), were unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 2 out of 3 teachers in the U.S., Canada, & Australia come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, & rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into a massive marketplace where teachers have created more than 3 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than five million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, & parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. According to Fast Company, Teachers Pay Teachers is one of the top 50 Most Innovative Companies in the world! If you havent heard of TpT yet & want to learn more, just ask a teacher. Two out of three teachers currently use TpT.
Who we are looking for
Were a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers & learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. Its the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, & focused effort. We want every day to be fun & to matter.
As a Data Analyst, you will support the adoption of business intelligence tools across teams, foster a culture of insightful analysis & crisp reporting, & become a trusted business partner within the organization.
You know & love working with data & analytics tools & can use your technical skills, business acumen, & creativity to solve unique business problems. Reporting to the Analytics Manager, youll work closely with business, marketing, data science, engineering, & product teams to develop a deep understanding of TpTs business & drive strategy & action through high quality, timely analysis.
- Analyze: surface actionable insights & opportunities from complex data; leverage quantitative & qualitative data to understand ecosystems, user behaviors, & long-term trends
- Collaborate: partner with marketing, product, customer experience, & engineering to translate business issues into testable hypotheses with defined KPIs; ensure metrics used to track the business & measure results are consistent & the most relevant to inform decision-making across the organization
- Communicate: report on the state of the business & make data accessible through objective data-driven stories that influence & enable stakeholders; establish shared vision across the company for data-driven practices
- Enable: build dynamic & rich dashboards & reporting solutions to support company initiatives & strategic planning; educate other teams at TpT on analysis best practices & how to self-serve data needs; leverage Jira to prioritize projects & requests
- Minimum 2 years of analytics experience at a software technology company
- Experience designing, leading & executing analysis
- Ability to visualize data in additive ways
- Comfortable with large, complex relational databases (both transactional & analytical)
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in creating, optimizing, & automating reports & dashboards
- Highly organized & able to prioritize effectively
- Experience working cross-functionally
- Experience with an online marketplace or e-commerce business
- Experience with attribution modeling
- Experience with aspects of our BI tech stack: BigQuery, Looker, Google Analytics, Optimizely
- Experience with SQL, Python, & R
- Statistical skills (e.g., confidence intervals & forecasting)
- Experience with ML