About our company
MM.LaFleur is a fast-growing professional womenswear company based in New York City. We aim to be the go-to wardrobe solution for women of purpose by taking the work out of dressing for work. Through our thoughtfully-designed products & highly personalized service model, we celebrate & champion the modern professional woman.
Who are we?
We're a varied group of go-getters who are passionate about reimagining the way women shop & dress for work. Were scrappy, straightforward, strategic, & snack-oriented. We think big, but we sweat the details. We take our work (but never ourselves) seriously. We have a validated market & die-hard fans, a quickly growing revenue stream, & a whip-smart & energetic team. We are perfectionists who sometimes spill on our clothes. We truly believe we can do it better & faster & smarterand have more fun while were at it. We are incredibly proud of the team & culture weve built, & are intensely focused on maintaining & evolving this special thing weve got going on.
About This Role
We are looking for an experienced Lead Software Engineer to join our agile in-house engineering department. You will work with members of the engineering team to build out a specialized suite of tools in a containerized microservice architecture, complement & grow our highly robust API, optimize & enhance ecommerce capabilities, build data pipelines, & connect with third-party vendor systems, among other projects.
What will you do?
- Keep pushing commerce forward by building a powerful suite of tools
- Be a thought partner on API design decisions
- Take ownership of projects, seeking guidance when needed
- Work closely with a team of frontend & backend engineers, product managers, web/data analysts, & UX designers
- Write unit/integration tests, contribute to our engineering wiki, & document your work
What skills do you have?
- At least 7 years experience
- Experience leading a team
- Advanced level knowledge of web application languages such as PHP
- Experience using testing tools, such as phpunit, jmeter, cucumber, jest
- Experience writing and/or consuming APIs
- Proficient at querying relational databases
- Be good at (or excited to learn) commerce platform management & development
- Be excited about analytics & data-driven decisions
- Experience with server-side frameworks & cloud environments is a plus